Favorite Hunting Boots?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jagend, Feb 14, 2018.

?

What's your favorite brand of hunting boots?

1. Danner

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Irish Setter

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. Muck

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  4. Lacrosse

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Rocky

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Under Armour

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Forty2Fields

Forty2Fields Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have two sets of Boots. I wear Redwing Irish Setters for cold or wet weather and Ariat Conquest for warm weather. I highly recommend both.

2. afishhunter

afishhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My favorite hunting boots are warm ones.

WV Jess likes this.
  3. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Irish Setter Elk Hunters 1000 gr.

4. matdrenalin

matdrenalin Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Original Lacrosse Burlys

5. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Brand new alpha burly pro 1000grams of insulation. 2 pair of wool socks. 28 degrees. WHY are my feet freezing!? Short walk they did not sweat.

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Danner Pronghorns or the new Danner Alseas. Probably give a nod to the Alseas as they fit me a little better and have been awesome so far this season.

7. mnhunter01

mnhunter01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Meindl I purchased from Cabelas, has not leaked or caused any regrets. I have a set of Muck field blazers that are now leaking from the heel. It must be from the -20 degree pheasant hunts out in Minnesota here, the cold and flexing can take a toll on these boots and these just weren't built to last.

8. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Get a set of Arctic Shield boot covers a light/medium pair of merino wool hiking socks and Uninsulated hiking boots and say goodbye to cold feet. Put them on as soon as you get to the stand. Throw a hand warmer in the cover on the really really cold days.

This combination kept my feet just fine for more than 4 hours at 10 degrees and a wind chill of zero. Also if you do end up walking a ways you don’t have to worry about sweaty feet as much and it’s easier walking.

9. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Danner Pronghorns and High Grounds. Both are an awesome boot and extremely comfortable

10. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s all about weight for me , I bought a pair of Cabelas boots, over $200 but warm light, perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

11. WV Jess

WV Jess Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still wearing my rubber Cabela's Comfort Trac boots I bought 14 years ago. still comfortable and like new. 800 grams of insulation is plenty for the fall and winter months in Ohio.

12. John Eberhart

John Eberhart Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Differing weights of Muck boots for temps above 30 degrees and Baffin (manufacturer) Titan (model) removeable pack boots for temps 5 to 30.

kennyg likes this.
  13. mrjohnsmitt

mrjohnsmitt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The most comfortable hunting boots I've ever worn are my LaCrosse from Camofire. $90. Wish I had bought two pair ![​IMG]
    These are just walking throught the woods and sitting on stand boots of course, but they are comfy!
    Buy good leather hiking boots made in Europe.
    China made boots will be crap, no matter what brand name.

14. GoodBerry

GoodBerry Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought and used Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof boots for the deer season and liked them because they were large; they felt truly nice on my legs and held their shape well.
    The overall model is great, the speed trim hauls are substantial, and they will prove to be durable for sure as you can see in this professional review: http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-elk-hunting-boots/
    If you want to wear thick socks underneath, you might need to upsize a bit. With medium thickness socks, they fit me somewhat tightly at first yet the boot appeared to adapt to my feet slowly so I was content with the fit in the end.
    Strolling in the forested areas through snow, mud, and ice was quite easy in them and the footing was exceptional and solid.

15. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like waterproof Keens for Sep elk season, they are one of the most comfortable I've ever worn. I switch to 800 gram Rocky's when it gets colder and wetter, but my new set of Rocky's aren't as comfortable or hold up in keeping feet dry near as well as my older set did. Will try something else next time. I also have a set of Muck boots for really wet weather and for putting in mock scrapes...they are meh. Not the most comfortable to walk in, they are flat out horrible to drive in so I wear a different shoe until leaving the pickup, and not all that warm when in the stand in November.

16. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Zamberlin Guide 960 GTX is my boot of choice if it's wet. Great traction and waterproof. I mean, really water proof even walking through tall water soaked grass which most boots that say they're waterproof, aren't. Deer season out here it's usually so warm I could wear flip-flops so usually just a very light boot that's more like a running shoe.

fullcamo likes this.
  17. HuntDeHunters

HuntDeHunters Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought and used Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof boots for the deer season and liked them because they were large; they felt truly nice on my legs and held their shape well. The overall model is great, the speed trim hauls are substantial, and they will prove to be durable for sure as you can see in this professional review: http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-elk-hunting-boots/ If you want to wear thick socks underneath, you might need to upsize a bit. With medium thickness socks, they fit me somewhat tightly at first yet the boot appeared to adapt to my feet slowly so I was content with the fit in the end. Strolling in the forested areas through snow, mud, and ice was quite easy in them and the footing was exceptional and solid.

18. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with you on the Mucks, you can't beat that neoprene upper on a pair of hunting boots. For non-hunting boots however Belleville Boots are where it's at... their One Xero Ultra-Light Assault Boot is feet heaven during the summer.

Cannon06 likes this.
  19. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    too tight no circulation. use darn tough merino wool blend socks. i love the paul bunion model.

20. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with both, my Mucks have served me well. And I've owned a pair of gortex Bellevilles for 10 years, and they are phenomenal. I've also had good luck with Salomon, they make quality outdoor boots.