2019 Bow Lineup Opinions

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by TheFitHunter, Mar 9, 2019.

1. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys, I was wondering how many people on here have had the opportunity to shoot the new 2019 bows and what you thought of them? I am debating on upgrading this summer before the season opens up and was looking for some opinions, the RX-3, SR6 and Vertix are all on the top of my list thus far with the reviews that I have seen from each.

BowhuntOnly likes this.
  2. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the below this year before buying my bow about 2 months ago now:

Bowtech Realm SR6
    Realm SS
    Holy Helix
    Mathews Traverse
    Mathew Vertix
    Mathews Triax
    PSE Expedite
    PSE Evoke
    PSE Evolve
    Prime CT3
    Prime CT5

Feel free to send me a message with any questions. I ended up choosing the Prime. It is my first Prime bow and I posted a review in the equipment review section. Lots of good options for sure and they all feel much different, as would be expected.

Western MA Hunter likes this.
  3. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the same bows Riverduck11 shot. I liked the traverse and ct3 alot but in the end I went with the realm sr6. The traverse is a great bow and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one now but I only need one bow. The ct3 was also really nice but it had a bit of a hump at the end of the draw and for the speed it's putting out, I didn't want that. The sr6 is fast , super smooth and I liked the limb pocket design. I will be the first to admit that my sr6 is about 10fps short of ibo but that's because the letoff is coming in over 90% which is common with them. I plan on trying to tune it out and get some s1 lucky stops to bring me around 75% letoff. I think you would be happy with almost any of the new bows today

Attached Files:

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Biggest failure of 2019 is the Hoyt RX3, the issues they are having with a 1600 flagship bow are an embarrassment.

Bootlegger likes this.
  5. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't heard much about the rx3. What issues are they having?

6. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go on archery talk in the brand specific section. There a thread with sights off on rx3. Apparently lots of sights that mount on to the bow are sticking way out to the side. Somthing to do with the carbon molding not being even.

7. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The 2019 bows i shot this year was. I’ll list them how i ranked them.
    1 prime ct3. Wish they had the 5 to try.
    2. Hoyt helix ultra.
    3.mathews traverse. It really could be a tie for second. The little vibration and the grip was real nice on the traverse also dead sounding. Just felt the helix ultra draw was smother.
    4.the regular hoyt helix.
    5. Mathew vertix
    6. Hoyt rx3. Just to light feeling.
    7.pse evoke. Can’t remember if it was the 31 or 35. I don’t get why people say the evolve cam is the smoothest cam. I just don’t feel it. It does seem like it stores a lot of power in those limbs and really drives the arrow.

8. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot about 5 different bows from 4 Mfg.s...kept going back to the Vertix for the feel and quietness.

Hoyt
    Prime
    Mathews
    PSE

9. TheFitHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your replies guys,
    I went and shot a lot of bows, not done yet as I plan on making a few more trips before I fully make my mind on the new rig but so far for me...I havent found anything that even compares to the Sr6. So far I have put arrows through the following 2019 bows and would rank them in this order

- Bowtech sr6
    - Bowtech reckoning (only ranked second because I really am in the market for a speed bow/both felt really special)
    - Matthews Vertix (dead in the hand and felt great, just wasnt a huge fan of the draw cycle)
    - Hoyt rx-1
    - Hoyt carbon defiant turbo
    - Hoyt rx-3

These were the first hoyts I had ever shot and I was honestly really disappointed. The draw cycle and back walls on all of them were really poor in my opinion compared to the bowtechs. Next will be to shoot some prime bows...

10. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly why I got the Helix this year. Plus it shot better to me.

Sent from my moto g6 using Tapatalk

11. revwilder

revwilder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I went with the Obsession FX6. It's a speed bow with 90% let off. There is a noticeable bump at the end of the draw cycle, but the let off doesn't allow the bow to rip your shoulder out of socket if accidently creep forward. As a matter of fact my first let down was scary as I waited for the cams to catch and really move forward.

I can hold all day. It has a solid back wall with limb stops and incredible speed. I notice my medium weight arrows (425gr) still had my pins stacked too tightly so I went to 25, 35,45 yardage for my pins.

A lot of people crying that Obsession doesn't make IBO but mine is super fast and I'm doing 310 at 28" & 70#.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X304F using Tapatalk

slickbilly-d likes this.
  12. TheFitHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the responses guys, after a lot of consideration I went with the sr6, super smooth even in performance, very comfortable back wall and quite fast. 70lbs 28.5in draw and pushing my 400 grain Black Eagles in excess of 300 fps, by far the fastest bow I have ever shot. Should be a killer on whitetails this fall and hopefully a Jersey Bear if I am lucky enough.

13. doublea17

doublea17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on new bow. Love my SR6 on performance 70# 27 inch draw.

14. Bowbunter k-32

Bowbunter k-32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After shooting all the flagship bows this year I went with a New Breed. I really like these bow's

Bootlegger likes this.