2019 NFL Season

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The bookmakers in Las Vegas have picked the Patriots to have the most wins in the NFL at 11 games. I personally think that there will be more than one team with more than 11 wins.

cls74 likes this.
  2. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Green Bay will have 11+. Take it to the bank!

Sota likes this.
  3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You better be using the bank from Monopoly :evilgrin:

4. Berwickbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron is on the back 9, they're gonna do everything in their power to make sure his last years in the league are dominant. I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised by this sophomore class of wide receivers... :rock:

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Steelers have minimum of 11 wins, book it!

6. Berwickbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    I think this is the year we start to see the implosion that is the current Pittsburgh Steelers. Last year was just the start. Big Ben is going to continue to go down hill. And there's nobody left to place the blame on. A couple years ago it was Martavius Bryant. Then Bell and Brown.

I truly think he's the problem, also I don't like Tomlin. I think he's spineless and not a very good leader.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree about Ben, totally agree about Tomlin.

Ben is a winner, plain and simple. The problem is the team was slowly adapted around his passing game rather than sticking with the traditional run first mentality. Ben doesn't need an arsenal of wide receivers around him, he needs that power back that can pick up 3-4 yards per run. They haven't had that since Bettis.

The team has become more about personal statistics, thanks mostly to fantasy football, than winning as a team with one goal.

Unless traded, Bell will never have a SB ring. Brown made out like a bandit and has the best potential outcome out of all the trades/releases since Ben became the starter. Burress aside, they don't amount to much and Burress quickly went downhill. Bryant? Well he proved rather quickly why he was traded and picking up Rudolph Mason was a worthwhile swap, really think he is the next QB for the Steelers.

I think we see a different Ben this year, a more humble and hellbent on proving himself as a leader and winner.

BowCommander and MUDSHARK like this.
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So the Steelers' are now a racist orginazation. Why does everything have to come to racism in this day and age?

Why can't it be about the "Me first" attitudes of the players and fantasy football that created a lot of it after it's inception.

Getting so sick of the racial spin in everything these days.

What's behind the Steelers' breakup of Roethlisberger, Brown and Bell?

https://es.pn/2TWBNdZ
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Carl Gebschmidt voted City Pages Best Sports Talk Radio Personality, in Minnesota.:lmao2:

10. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Vikings go 12-4 in 2019.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am very pessimistic about the Packers this season the D will be better, and at least Fat Mike won't be drawing up the plays but still looking at the schedule I just can't see how the Packer's will be Vince worth. 14-2 it will be an uphill challenge and trying times but the Packers are soon to be 14 time world champions.

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They have the Steelers 8-8 and Browns 10-6. I'll take that bet :lol:

I just don't see OBJ as the game changer just as I don't see Brown and Bell as season ending losses. It's not like losing them to injury week 1, they go into the season knowing they do not have them and adjust accordingly.

Lets see if they trade up in the draft or not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral#slide0

Screenshot_20190418-121002_Chrome.jpg

13. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Two teams everyone are sleeping on are Pittsburgh and Dallas.

Pittsburgh just lost Le'Veon Bell & Antonio Brown; both of which I feel are more replaceable than people think. Big Ben has always, IMO, been the best player on that team. He made AB a better receiver at times and Le'Veon was in the perfect system with one of the best offensive lines in the league (often running 12 personnel). People used to say I was crazy for saying that until James Conner came in and basically put up similar #'s. All of this talk AB & Bell have been doing in the off-season is going to have big Ben coming back throwing bombs to prove them wrong. Both seemingly appeared to be a locker room headache as well so less distractions on the field. I think Pittsburgh will come out better.

Dallas will be getting Travis Frederick back, their LG Connor Williams will be coming into his 2nd year, they have arguably the best LB trio in the league, secondary is much improved, great pass rush with the addition of a solid 3T in this years draft. Jason Witten will fill a huge 3rd down void now that he's back at TE. Dak is getting Cooper & Gallup back which both should have much better chemistry on the field in comparison to last season and they have a new offensive coordinator to hopefully shake up some of those terribly predictable calls last season. I really feel like they are a safety and maybe a receiving TE & DT away from a super bowl.

I'm also watching out for the Colts this season. Luck has an elite offensive line now and a solid run game with a great young pass rush. That is going to make a dangerous football team in the future.

I'm predicting 12 wins for Pittsburgh, Dallas, Indianapolis & NE.

14. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  15. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They've certainly had a long strand of bad luck in the last twenty years or so, but I can't help but think this is the closest I've seen this team to looking super bowl ready in a long, long time. I think Stephen Jones is much better fit at making decisions than Jerry. I don't see Jason Garrett keeping his job beyond this season either. I think 7 of their last 8 1st round selections have made the pro bowl; they seem to be taking a different approach that is paying off.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cowboys losing streak<vikings. Sorry viking fans trying to do better and not point out the facts. I am going to try not to be an a-hole this season, we all know it won't last long, I know I am a flawed individual that happens to be an owner of a highly successful NFL franchise.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Packers in the 1st round selected a big 10 linebacker with a wonderlik score of 9. Single digits is barely able to communicate.

virginiashadow and Lester like this.
  18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Vikings actually addressed the O-Line. I like the pick. Thought they would take Taylor but can’t complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Second pick traded up and took a safety, the Packers D has something for the division.

20. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah. They have a D that every team in the division can exploit. One safety that runs a 4.3 isn't going to fix all the issues that defense has unfortunately.