Hard case recommendations for Quest Thrive

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MonkeyBrains, Apr 15, 2019.

1. MonkeyBrains

MonkeyBrains Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m trying to figure out which bow case would suit the Thrive best. And It’s proving a bit of a challenge as the bow is 33.75” ATA, but has a 39.5” overall length. Trying to avoid the larger 48” length monster sized bow cases, but everything smaller is right at 39” or less. The Plano parallel limb bow case (114400) seems like a nice option and looks like a lot of people have success configuring it with extras, but it’s 41” long internally meaning I’d have less than an inch of clearance on each side of my bow between the cam and hard plastic side of the case. Not good for protecting. I’m looking for a hard case that can survive air travel. Probably going to be the Plano Mil-Spec long bow case or one of the SKB ones. I didn’t want to spend that much, but starting to look like I don’t have many options. The Plano all-weather case (or Cabela’s branded version of it) is an option too. But it’s a heavy, beastly thing and 48” long and I’m seeing reports that even though it feels heavier/beefier than the regular Plano cases, it doesn’t do much better at keeping out moisture or surviving impact. So not really excited about that one... but it’s half the price of the SKB...

2. MonkeyBrains

MonkeyBrains Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Still looking, but I think I’m going going for one of the following:

* Cabela’s (Plano) All-Weather bow case
    * SKB 5014-6 Large Bow Case w/quiver storage, will fit a 40” bow, plus extras.
    * Pelican Air 1745 Bow Case. New case, starts shipping next month.

The Pelican looks amazing, but is $150 more than the already pricey SKB. The Cabela’s/Plano is just as heavy as the others and not as functional or robust. I guess it’s the budget option.

I already have a soft bag that holds the bow, an arrow box/tube, accessories...

3. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SKB makes a good solid case. I went with it because it seemed to provide the best protection for my Z7 and at that time they didn't have a pelican case that fit it. The last 9 years of flying on airlines and shipping the bow by UPS have had zero problems. SO if you can afford it, I would go with the case that provides the best protection. It's the best insurance that your bow will be ready to hunt when you get to your destination. Best of success with it.

Tags: