The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No one really cares about your fake rage either. At least dnoodles lives in the district he's complaining about. But here you are doin exactly what you claim to be tired of? Ironic.

As far as getting off my ass and learning something, you should really know more about ppl before you make assumptions. Because if we're goin off using someone else's credentials to have opinions like you feel you need to with your wife, you said 22 years? Well up until 4 or 5 years ago my grandmother was on school board my whole life and I'm 35, so that outta cancel out you're vast experience but if thats not good enough my aunt has been teaching at the same school for almost 25 and there's probably 40-50 more years of teaching scattered through my immediate family. That's getting into great grandparent or aunt territory tho so might not be close enough for you. But I dont need to use their credentials to form my opinions so you're right, nobody cares.

And since you're so comcerned in pointing out who won or lost a argument, go for it buddy take this one because I really dont care, mean you can't imagine how little I care on subject or you're opinion or constant need to believe everything you say is right and the only way. But you know what they say about winning a argument on the internet, its kinda like winning the gold at the special Olympics. You won but you're still a retard. Hope you don't meltdown anymore for not being pc. (Secretly I do tho, be icing on the cake after the meltdown on the babysitter comment)

Edit: oh yea about the roads and whatever else, yea I pay those taxes too so I'll have a opinion or use for them also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Artem256 likes this.
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dumbass drivers that do not know how to pull over for emergency vehicles.

If you see flashing lights in your mirror, they do kind of catch your eye, switch lanes to the right or the shoulder immediately. They know to pass on the left even if needing to go right. Don't wait until they are on your ass then hit your brakes and blinker trying to get over.

I watch live PD every week and it is astounding how many ignorant drivers cause first responders to slow down or take evasive maneuvers to get through traffic. Half the time it is light traffic.

I think they should be able to review dashcam footage when available and when able to identify plates send a ticket through the mail for failure to yield to emergency personel.

picman, virginiashadow and Artem256 like this.
  3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Amen!

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Funny you post this, just on way home from work tonight there was cop that had someone pulled over on 4 lane, we had trailer on so was in right lane and slowed down to let car in left get by before gettin to where the cop was. That car went by and somebody come hauling up behind us got pissed we got over a whipped around pretty much in between us and cop car. We were like wth how do you not see those flashing lights.

Artem256 likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, guess I should also say that if you see them through the windshield slow down and move left.

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    3 or 4 troopers hit and killed in IL this year alone while on the side of the road with emergency lights on.

7. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

calmest.gif

if I took anything on the internet personally; I'd be in Walter Sobjec's World of Pain.

8. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kids have been bringing home outlandish ideas to their parents since the dawn of schools. I was just like you 20 years ago.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Today I am working my last shift at the fire base, 20 years it was awesome until it was not. Yesterday after briefing I went to load my gear in the rig. I was a little taken back because the outside of the engine was dirty, it happens from time to time but still. Open the doors and the floor was covered in dirt, this was BS there is a shop vac in the engine bays, then I did the pre shift engine check and the fuel was at 1/2 full. This is unacceptable in 20 years it was hammered in that the engine is parked fire ready and I was pissed. I go in the building and our two union "leaders" were sitting at their desks. I asked who the hack was that last ran the engine and ranted that the rigs get parked fire ready and some hack did not do their job. They looked at me like I was the idiot. Decided at that moment I was done I planned at retiring at some point this year but I can't do it anymore.

BwD19, Germ, arrowflinger1 and 7 others like this.
  10. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your service; sorry to hear you go out like that.
    Not going to bore everyone with my #metoo stories but I feel your pain.

Artem256 likes this.
  11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I'll give you that, but up until about 30 years ago they'd get their hides tanned for some of the crap that happens today.
    I don't care what catalyst is; you have 11 year olds threatening a school walkout and the "adults" caving; there is something rotten to the core.

There's a hilarious South Park running theme about just that. "PC Babies." South Park has been killing it the last year or so.

w33kender likes this.
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
  13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That article lost me at "vegan" option. If you arent killing a cow or two for my plush leather seats than you can kiss my a$$.
    I already have my payment for my 2020 Bronco on autodraft. Just as soon as the dealer can charge me I am sure he will. The only decision I left is color and interior options.
    Now their is a rumor circulating that there will be a "baby" Bronco as well, I guess the wife will have to settle for one. We looked high and low for a '95 Range Rover Defender and everytime we find one it gets sold before we can go look at it and she shot down the refurbished Bronco quickly.

dnoodles likes this.
  14. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 2020 Bronco definitely has my attention. Do you know when they will hit the dealerships?

15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Message Tony.

Cooter/MN likes this.
  16. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    November 2019, so they say..

Cooter/MN likes this.
  17. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You did your time! People are lazy as hell. Get out there and enjoy some free time.

18. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    virginiashadow and dnoodles like this.
  19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Whatever floats your boat, brother! Good luck on the auction

20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking of boats...
    Perfect weather to be working on mine, instead I'm on the job...for the 8th day in a row.
    :rant: