Official AOC Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fix, Apr 4, 2019.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The voter turnout where she defeated Crowley in June 2018 was very similar to the last serious challenge the incumbent had faced, which was 2004. Yes, it's amazing she defeated an incumbent. But no, the numbers don't support the assertion that folks are more politically active than before.

2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    AOC will be eaten by her own party.

retard.jpg

carbon-arch, Artem256, FEB and 7 others like this.
  3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Their frustrations stem from them being raised in a country where being a "victim " is celebrated. People love it. God forbid you have a normal upbringing, work hard, and believe in a conservative country where you get what you earn. Your words dont mean S these days because of a persons supposed privilege.

How many people are actually held back by the establishment if they put their head down, work their butts off, and have an even average level of intelligence? Hardly anyone. Yet the narrative says that an underlying dark force exists out there, oppressing people based on the color of their skin or economic class. And even intelligent people are starting to be brain washed into this damn madness.

25 years ago I entered into one of the toughest public colleges in the country. I got my living butt kicked grades wise. I just kept grinding and struggling. Over and over until I graduated. You would think that type of environment would produce an almost equal amount of Republicans and Democrats. Nope. Even then I was outnumbered 5 to 1 in all my government classes. Even then conservatives were being crushed down in higher academia. I didnt give two Fs. I remember writing a lengthy paper on why the death penalty should be legal. Also wrote one on the current state of illegal immigration and its negative effects. You would have thought I advocated killing someone when presented to the class. And that was 25 years ago.

This country has gone off its rocker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, that's the best one yet.
    She's one of those women that you glance at and think...damn she's cute...then when you look close you're like...holy ***t someone beat her with a fugly tree then you feel guilty for ever thinking she was cute.

A friend of mine was talking the other day about politics, an issue I avoid among friends if I can. He said how stupid Sarah Palin is...I said I do find her mannerisms annoying but she can't hold a candle next to AOC's ignorance. He said Oh she's not that bad actually...I said...okay if you say so and I abruptly changed the subject.

w33kender and elkguide like this.
  5. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I read somewhere recently that her favorability numbers have dropped like a rock since being elected. Hopefully she will lose her next election.

Artem256 and virginiashadow like this.
  6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I'm not a Republican. Who the hell knows.

Fiscally conservative. Socially liberal..do what you want but dont expect people to cater to you. Reduce the size and scope of the government.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In fact, lower than Trump.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  9. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been telling this to my kids for more than 10 years. Pols seem to think that they have to be as far away from their opponents position as they can get. Hope they have been listening.

A great deal of today's Dem's make Bill Clinton look rather middle of the road in comparison.

w33kender, cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  10. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your views sound much like mine. You might be a Libertarian, which is not a bad thing.

11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rueters today- Trump approval @ 51%. In these climes, that's practically untouchable.
    (In other words, expect some new media conspiracy hysteria breaking Monday.)

That sir, is now antithetical to "liberal." That is Libertarian.

Artem256 likes this.
  12. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    They are already indoctrinated educated far beyond a mere mortal's ability to enlighten them, and I'm sorry but I'll never be able to understand them because they are delusional. They simply do not accept reality.

Case in point- trans anything. It is a mental illness, and while I feel sorry for anyone so afflicted; I also feel sorry for schizophrenics but I'm not going to be bullied into affirming either's delusions.

Dude you want to wear a dress and change your name to Kathy, fine I'll respect that but I'm not going to let you change my language and force me to deny the scientific fact that you are male- and therefore I will refer to you as he/ him. No amount of surgery is going to change that.

Again, I'm pretty live and let live but these fascists want to use government force to make us at least passively tolerate if not be outright supportive of their deluded state.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I'd read most of that in various forums but hadnt seen it put together so succinctly.
    Terrifying.

14. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So dumb she couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel.

Artem256 and w33kender like this.
  15. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And let's be honest, to get a big push of votes from the group 18-30 all you need to say is free everything and we'll tax the rich to get it. Except for the fact this isn't how the real world works.

I wouldn't hold my breath in hopes to see more politicians coming out and getting elected like her. Maybe wrong but I feel like she got pushed in by the higher seated dems of NY and is now placed there for attention and to rile uo the younger voters. The fact that her new green deal bill got no votes points to her not having much if any support within the party. She's a talking head and that's probably about it. And i mean is is really that far fetched if a idea, look to Chicago's dem posse you think anyone gets elected of not elected by chance really? Especially in Chicago? Imagine NYC is much of same.

16. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    watch the 25 minute vid that Fix posted earlier in the thread. This is actually part of a national strategy by nefarious forces.

17. wannabe hunter

wannabe hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why do you think do politician in the West love illegal immigrant / "refugees" so much ?
    Once they are legalized (usually behind your back), their vote count as much as yours.
    AOC seems a poster child for this political push...

Artem256 likes this.
  18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh i know, if illegals started voted Republican the wall would be 30ft tall.

19. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  20. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: