Peep sight question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Jaberry, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New custom string and cable (week old ) with about 50 shots threw them. For some reason I can not get my peep to settle from rotating on me. In order for me to see threw it at full draw it is facing almost 90 degrees towards the right. Any suggestions would be great or do I need to keep shooting the crap out of it. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take it to a shop and have them adjust it....takes about 10 mins

Jaberry likes this.
  3. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some strings take a 200-250 shots. The better strings take 50 or less. I would shoot a bit more and see where you end up, then get the peep re-installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaberry likes this.
  4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    50 should settle the serving on the cam. If a string is built correctly that’s about all it should take. I would pull the peep, reset and retire it in the correct position. It should hold steady. If it keeps moving..... find a new string builder .

Planopurist and Jaberry like this.
  5. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna shoot it some more later today and go from there. I pulled the serving off the peep and have it just tied around the string for now to eliminate any of that. Then I'll go from there. Just dont get why I have to have it facing to the right(at rest) to have it face straight back at full draw just to see out it.

6. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Came out and have been shooting the bow some more. The picture shows what it looks like at rest. Yes when I pull back I can see out of it. D loop is straight back and stays(doesn't twist on me at all). Just odd to me. Thanks 20190323_173727.jpeg

7. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill have to see when my string replacement get’s done, the shop told me it takes 50 arrows to settle. I switched to a smaller aperture peep.

Jaberry likes this.
  8. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had to go with a speciality archers verifier last season. Seems after thinking about it, after I installed it on my bow last season it sat the same way as it is now. Wonder if it is cause it's a 1/4" and my old one was I believe 5/16" if that has to do with anything with it.

9. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Intersting here. Never knew that a string had to be broken in.
    Funny story- two years ago my wife shot in a "for fun" 3-D tourney at a HE instructors outing. For two hours on the way home, I answered questions about a bow. Got her a Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. She has shot a recurve bow a few times. She did good with her new bow. I asked her something about the peep sight. She said, "Is that what that's for?" After she started using the peep sight, her shooting really improved!

Jaberry likes this.