The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0243.JPG

So that’s what you guys are doing when your out there “scouting”

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just drink it.

3. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I never did this.
    I agree we spend millions dealing with immigration, but saying they have zero respect for this countries law is just a right wing talking point that holds no merit.
    By the way I'm not an open borders honk. I think we should have a strong immigration policy. I'm just tire of the argument that "these people don't deserve to come here" and "my family came here the right way". The truth is if your family is of European descent and they tried getting here today the way they did in lets say the 1800's in a lot of cases it would be considered illegal immigration by todays laws. So, what's the difference.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    axtell343 likes this.
  5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You really aren't trying to now compare the 1800's to the 2000's This is almost sad. Now I see where your going with this, BUT before Ellis Island in 1892 there was Castle Garden processing immigrants from Europe.
    People have a right to come here ,OK lets try this again, LEGALLY. When they pay coyotes, cut fencing, climb fencing, swim a river then run to authorities with false paper work, or no paper work claiming a need for asylum, no they have no respect for this country's laws.
    Now if you or I had a total disregard for our laws, being tax evasion, to drunk driving, hey lying to authorities like the Feds,we would be removed from our society. It's called jail- prison. Try this honesty on for size, neither of us would have a problem seeing this happen to the other in such circumstance. Non citizens should not have special rights that legal citizen's don't.
    Ps.
    I don't do talking points. I use common sense, something we've managed to breed out of the human race.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    jrk_indle84 and dnoodles like this.
  6. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just glad they got the kid before he killed someone.

virginiashadow and oldnotdead like this.
  7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Where I work, we enter houses with entire families of undocumented persons living in the basement. No one knows they even exist.

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Now doesn't that bring up yet another issue. If the conditions are poor and there are young children. What would happen if you walked into a house with poor conditions and kids living hidden in a basement that were all US citizens? I'll tell you what would happen here in NYS. Those kids would be taken from those adults , put in "Protective " custody and those US citizens would have to dance through hoops to get them back. All the while not having one person screaming foul and calling social service horrific names as Immigration official's are called.

Now you would have to ask why not just pull the asylum card? Hhmmm previous deportations, perhaps criminal records, if kids are there not their kids? But hey thats OK! I mean it's not like cops kids are losing parents ,or US parents losing kids. Young girls and woman even boys being raped or disapearing, while no one knows some people even exist. No paper trails, documents, just a free reign

9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    We treat them like anyone else. If the conditions are not good, resources are used and sometimes they are taken like anyone else. As for the young girls being and boys being raped by illegals, the Catholic church has done enough of that lately to make everyone mad.

Wiscohunter and Okiebob like this.
  10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I just know you didn't mean that to sound as if one was better over the other.
    Though your talking to a forced Catholic so I'll agree with the latter. I have to say not lately, more like always and many a married womans suicide as well. Don't get me going about Nuns.
    Disclaimer, I have no love for any organized religion. Corruption abounds through all of them. That's not opinion but history.

11. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ah I would say being here illegally be it crossin boarder illegally or over staying on a expired visa would be knowingly disregarding this countries laws. Not to mention whatever laws some continue to break while being here.

No different than anyone else, hell I'm sure VS pulls over alot of ppl that try and say "oh I didn't know I was speeding," maybe some don't but most know full well they were speeding and just don't care.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    FEDEX! I bought a spotting scope on 3/15/19 and it was supposed to be here "guaranteed " by Wed 3/20. Got a text from them saying it would be here on 3/21/19 and I had to be here to sign for it. I checked the tracking. It went from Green Bay WI to Chicago IL where it sat for three days before going to another city in IL. Then it went to Des Moines IA, from there to Kansas City MO. From there to Steele City NE to Kimball NE. Now it's in Green River WY. I think the Fedex truck is also a Democratic campaign van.

axtell343 likes this.
  13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So after pulling my head out of a whiskey bottle the other night, I'm kinda back on track and attending funeral services this weekend. I havent been that drunk in a coons age. To explain, I had a old buddy go in for open heart surgery and it did not go well. Then later that day, two friends die in a plane crash. I never cared for that jet and it has a reputation for one reverse thruster randomly going off during landing. The NTSB report will take awhile but judging by the way the jet flipped we are guessing that's what happened. I am delivering a eulogy tomorrow, fun stuff. So I'm no soothsayer or fortune teller but I can vaguely see a three day bender in my future. If I were yall I would buy stock in Makers Mark bc I'm about to put a dent in this states supply. Anyway, y'all have a good weekend, hold 'em tight, call that old buddy and dont take any of the distractions seriously.

Berwickbuckmaster and dnoodles like this.
  14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Stay strong Okie. We got your back

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The new guy post a lot, that’s too much to read, can I get your post on audible ?

16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    that may be true but you and I both know that if a US citizen parent force marched their kids around the Mojave for a week and let 1/4 of them get raped along the way their kids would get taken away and they would go to jail. Justifiably so.

I have proposed one the the quickest ways to end child trafficking/smuggling is make a statute of federal child endangerment punishable by 5 years. Any adult found to be illegally crossing with a child (including in groups) anywhere other than a POE gets the charge.

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Done and Done, brother.

18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    agreed- I had a set of wheels get sent from Minnesota to NC and then to CA and ended up being scheduled for delivery here in IL 3 days after the original date- when I would be traveling. Had to spend $15 to "schedule" a specific date to arrive when I would be back home.

You can't tell me there aren't FedEx flights back and forth between MN and IL damn near every day.

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    The government cannot make up child abuse claims based on the perceived trek and how dangerous it is. There has to be proof just like any other crime. I am not sure where you are getting the 25% rate occurrence thing, but it sounds terrible. Even with that statistic, each person and situation is different and cannot be looked at with a wide, sweeping lense when criminal charges are looming. The entire thing sucks. All of it. We need to protect our borders. We need to help other people. What a darn situation for all Americans. Half of me wants to throw them all out and the other half wants to hug them.

20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Been watching a lot of bball. I hate the term, "score the basketball". What the hell else would they use to score in basketball? Stupid cool guy phrase. If I hear anyone say that in my presence I will correct it. :)