Another health and fitness thread anyone?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Wiscohunter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been doin it too actually and its definitely helped. Also do the rope one just posted every once in while. Between doin those and using barbbells for bench exercises its all helped alot. Haven't noticed much in stiffness or soreness in shoulder since started.

Just got back from gym, did mostly upper body stuff tonight. High rep low weight type stuff. Bis, tris, chest and back mostly. Was pretty good workout and burned out on everything pretty much doin 3 sets 10-15 reps then maxing pit on 4th set.

Also usually don't snap pics in the gym but decided to take one tonight just for somthing to look back on. Haven't really been losong weight but after 5 weeks hitting gym 4 days a week I definitely feel better than have in awhile. Feel like I'm making progress and while don't really have a goal weight I'd like to hit it seems like been getting rid of some of the flab and replacing it with muscle.

Anyway here's my fitness model attempt more for a laugh than anything else. Besides everyone knows you're not really working out unless you take selfies lol. (Just fyi thats a shadow, i didn't piss my pants lol.) [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter and virginiashadow like this.
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear it! Improving shoulder mobility and posture has become an unofficial specialty over the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I been hittin gyn three days a week and tida was lowest weight yet 291.
    Trainer has help me a lot.
    Dead lifted for the first time in my life last week and worked up too 408 on a hex bar, and maxed out my bench press at 255. Felt pretty good bout myself that day.
    Today did 30min cardio (bike,elliptical) and just did a good shoulder arm workout.
    Been workin on squats tryin to get my form good so i throw out a back or blow a hurnia.

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I need to get out of my comfort zone and start doing different types of exercises/lifts. Have stuck to strictly cardio and a few different lifts every day for a few months now. Once I get back from vacation next month I think I will start incorporating different things into my plan.

5. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Just finished workout for the week. Did lower body today and now my legs feel like jelly ha. Decided I'd cut back in weight little on Thursdays and Friday's and just do a weight i can barley pump out 15 reps on for 4 sets. Supposed to be high reps low weight on those days anyway but wasnt hotting all the reps really before so gonna focus more on that before bump weight up.

Heavy days will still try to get close to max but gonna back that down too so I hit the reps instead or worry bout how much. Already kinda did for dumbbell bench and squat but have been getting carried away on deads. Still was hitting number of reps should have been but changing weights too much feels like trying to move up too fast. So next heavy dead day gonna try to find weight that pushes me but can still finish the sets need too then move up from there. Sometimes it's just so tempting to see if max has increased tho haha

6. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Holy damn Joe Thomas...

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dprsdhunter likes this.
  7. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like he could have been a hell of a defensive end.

8. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last week was really off for me, missed morning Cardio 3 times due to feeling sick and snow storms and also have 3 more cheats than I was supposed to. This weekend was the cleanest weekend food wise Ive had yet, and got my butt to cardio this morning, so heres to a strong week!

9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ran 2 miles and mixed in 200 pushups along the way. Then walked a mile to cool down. After running the first two hundred meters I knew I was in for a long workout. No juice in the tank but I forced myself to finish.

10. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Arms and shoulders for an hour tonight. Now the bike

11. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Went to the gym tonight after work. Did arms, chest, and upper back. Idk if put in much good work after shoveling dirt out pf footings all day at my job but I fought through it and got workout done anyway. Didn't go real heavy in some stuff but think increased some of the weight on few lifts.

12. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This mornings summery; 75 push-ups, 50 pull-ups, 150 sit-ups, and ran 3 miles. Felt good all over!!!!! Stay after it boys!

Blessings..........Pastorjim

13. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The trainer tested me last week and I continue to replace fat with muscle. My weight stayed the same (185), but I am now 18% body fat. The lowest I have probably been since the 90's. I'm not pushing too hard at any one thing. Just doing a few workouts each week and trying to eat a lot cleaner and several times a day. I am back to wearing some jeans that are probably older than some of you guys. :rock:

14. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's always a great feeling to get into clothes you haven't been able to wear in years. Great job!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

fletch920 likes this.
  15. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Not a good last week or so, and will not be a good rest of week. Ate/drank terribly all weekend... Girlfriend forgot she had my gym badge in her bag yesterday so I could not go, and today we had a pot luck at work. Heading north to the cabin/fishing Thursday-Sunday with nothing but beer and bad food. Reallllllllly gunna need to crack down next week.

16. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Taking a break from the lifting this week. Ran five miles yesterday, today and again tomorrow than taking a break Thursday until next Monday to hang out on Spring Break with the family.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    virginiashadow likes this.
  17. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:

If they got holes and beat up just means you're back in style now and everybody will think you paid $100 a pair for them. Ha

18. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Well i felt like a real jack*** tonight at gym. Idk if its being back to work or what but it started off as a stuggle. Started with deads and was warming up had 275 which is bout 100 off what been working weight, webt to go up and cord from headphones got caught so couldn't go much past right above knees. Got kinda frustrated cause that was second time had happen so went back to floor and did a little leg shake to get them loose. Started back up and did one and on second rep could feel bar slipping so tried goin back down and completly lost it and it slammed down to ground. There was like 6 or 7 other ppl there so of course they stopped what they were doin to see what happened. Pretty awesome start to workout. But got it done finally and finished everything else with no problem. Good times ha

19. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Happens to everyone at some point or another.

In other news.... CHEAT WEEK! I'll get back on the train next Monday. Cabin tomorrow morning. Cannot wait for the waffle fry breakfast from the tiny bar up there.

20. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WE have IFBB Pro body builders in our gym this weekend since there is a competition this weekend and I called one of them out on the gym insta story for not putting their weight away :)

I have really struggled getting up early and getting to the gym this week :(