Question about changing sights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WildernessPhantom, Mar 16, 2019.

1. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a question for you all. If I sight in two different sights on my bow can I swap them anytime for shooting for fun? Or would I need to re-sight them in when I change? In theory, it is only removing bolts and replacing but I have never done it. I have a 3 pin slider for hunting but just found an HHA Optimizer lite unopened for trade on 3 spitfires and do not want to pass it up. Thanks in advance and God bless!

2. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't change the sight or the bow, it can go off and on with no issues. It mounts back to the same location. I was looking for a new sight. I tried a bunch of them that I didn't care for. If I thought I liked a new sight better, I would just put on my old sight, go shoot and see. Even go back and forth a few times.

Side note - no one makes a sight I think it perfect.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As long as they mount exactly the same you should be fine. If have have to make any adjustments to your rest or peep, it will cause you issues. As long as that stays the same, you should be good.

4. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I wanted to say thanks for the replies. I got the sight so it will be time to try it out. I will not be changing anything on the bow as the 3 pin slider is what I want for hunting. If it works out sweet, if not, I will have another sight in the bin for the future I guess. Thanks again.

SharpEyeSam likes this.