Dislikes Received:
    ....cool?

3. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you can get away with it I would say that corn would be effective there. Especially if bucks can come out of that sanctuary and stage in that corner behind corn cover before going out to larger alfalfa field.

5. My only concern with corn is it may distract them from coming into feed/bait? have you ever had this? also- would I need to do anything to stop the growth of corn into the alfalfa? also- are there any solutions for fast growing tall cover?

6. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lower rt
    That said you haven't mentioned wind direction nor enter exit routes you have. Whats the mast in those hedge rows, how far away is the high fence. Are they bedded near by? When you say high fence ,is it a " deerhigh" fence? Does it completely close the area ? What is YOUR reasoning for the corn idea?

7. the top is north;
    usually I park on the winding road on the neighboring piece of land and walk in across the field. to be honest, I really don't know where they bed, I don't even really know how to determine that? any help on that would likely help me out allot..! The reason for the corn/shelter is i know they feed in the alfalfa, and the photos i am getting are usually near dark or in dark photos. i cant really set up any where else, i thought if i created a staging area, this would get them into the bait during daylight hours.. the high fence is approx. 20 yards south of the bait/tree line. It separates the alfalfa from another cattle staging area. the fence is about 60" tall..

8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so thats not planted corn, but a corn pile?
    The fencing isn't deer high fencing
    Do you know the areas prevailing winds?
    your walking across the open alfalfa field? What times would that be?
    Scouting bedding ..hhmmm best answer for your own visual , get on youtube and type in deer bedding ,hunting public is a great one.

9. no it would be planted corn to give a shelter belt, im hoping to give the deer a little more cover before entering the field. inside of that white line of "corn" would be actual bait/feed .. im sure the deer can jump that fence if they are bedding to the south, but its usually used by cattle. I do walk across the field- id say mid afternoon for an evening hunt. usually I hunt north winds or north east winds.. in saying that, I seen every single deer on camera during daylight EXCEPT for my target buck . who was showing up during daylight up until opening day.. obviously he' knows im in the blind and possibly beds closer then I think??