Prime Logic CT3

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Riverduck11, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Since Prime does not get a lot of coverage on this site, I thought I would post my thoughts after testing all the new flagship bows and now owning a Prime for 6 weeks.

As with any bow now days, there is a ton of technology and engineering that goes into these bows. The centergy technology does wonders for the weight distribution of this bow and dramatically impacts how steady this bow holds on target. Of all the great things about this bow, the ease at which the bow stays on target and does not float is perhaps the best. The stiffness of their new riser combined with the "swerve" in the lower portion of the riser combined to produce no hand shock at all. It is also extremely quiet.

While many would never consider Prime a speed bow, at 335 IBO and the ease of the draw cycle, many shooters can pull additional weight if they wish and easily match hunting arrow speeds of other bows. In my research which took a few months, I have found that some bows require the shooter to draw peak weights for as little as 7", while others are over 20"! You can see why you may be able to comfortably pull one weight on one bow, but not another.

If you are into speed in your setup, advertising is not always reality. I have watched a lot of independent testing and tested nearly a dozen bows myself, of all the major manufacturers, Prime and Hoyt were the only companies that consistently actually hit their advertised IBO speeds.

Overall the balance of the bow, the steadiness at hold, the absence of any hand shock, and the accuracy provided by parallel cam design has really impressed me. There are several great bows this year, if you get a chance make sure to try the Prime CT3 and CT5 before buying!

jeff-17 and wildernessninja like this.
  2. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Western MA Hunter likes this.
  3. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of buzz about prime this year over on archery talk. The ct3 is a nice bow. Its up near the top for bows i shot this year.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    DLS cams are still a no go for me. Dont need that hassle on the buy or the sell.

5. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too was worried about the draw length specific cams at first. I just liked the bow so much I got over it. I have given my last 3 bows away to cousins or my dad anyways so I figured resale was not important. You would think that given all the technology out there, they would be able to adjust DL soon.

6. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bows with dls cams are more efficient. So i have been told...

7. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up an '18 Logic.