Todd Pringnitz, founder of Wicked Tree Gear and Tree Thrasher in a coma after ATV accident.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by boonerville, Feb 17, 2019.

1. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just found out about this. Please keep Todd and his family in your thoughts. I have met Todd and talked with him several times. He is a class act and a super passionate hunter. Hopefully he makes a full recovery soon.

https://www.gofundme.com/funds-to-s...medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_postdonate_r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pohl-cat likes this.
  2. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Horrible. Get better

boonerville likes this.
  3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Prayers for Todd and his family. Sad news.

boonerville likes this.
  4. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw this this morning. Todd and his wife Katie are great folks, hopefully he makes a quick and full recovery.

boonerville likes this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys - I've been talking to Katie quite a bit as well as Todd's business partner Jason to get daily updates on his condition. As of right now, he's still a medically induced coma with severe trauma to his brain. They have large pieces of his skull removed on both the left and right side to ease pressure from swelling and had to remove a portion of one of the frontal lobes of his brain due to damage from the impact. He is far from out of the woods, but all signs at this point are positive for survival. He is breathing on his own, his body is regulating temp in its own, his eyes are moving under his eyelids and he was reportedly able to squeeze a nurse's hand in response to talking. He's still in critical condition and fighting for survival at this point, but things are stable and it's going to be day-by-day to see how it goes. If he pulls through the next couple of days it's difficult to know what the long-term damage is going to be, but the chances of Todd ever being "Todd" again are pretty remote.

Todd is one of the first guys I met in the hunting industry almost 15 years ago at my very first ATA show. He was still living in Michigan and doing work for Lone Wolf at the time. We met in the Lone Wolf booth and instantly bonded. Back before Bowhunting.com existed, Todd was one of our first "Field Journal" writers for HuntingNet.com. I can still remember when he told me he was up and moving to Iowa so he could chase big bucks. I thought the guy was insane. He later started White Knuckle Productions and was the inspiration behind Todd Graf and myself starting to film our hunts more than a decade ago. I think we were in the first 3 or 4 DVDs that he put out. Eventually, we branched out and started BHOD on our own, but without Todd pushing us to go get those first Canon GL2 cameras that may have never happened.

We've hunted together and enjoyed a few too many nights with a few too many beverages over the years. I'm physically ill thinking about the pain that he and his family are going through right now. To top it all off he has a 2 or 3-month-old baby at home. It's a terrible thing and an all too-close-to-home reminder that things can change in an instant. Remember to be safe out there and always wear that helmet - even if you feel like a dork in it. Sure beats the alternative.

Praying for a speedy and thorough recovery for this crazy SOB.

IMG_7023.JPG

6. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, was Todd wearing a helmet at the time? Such a sad story!

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Negative. That certainly would have changed the outcome of this story.

8. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the update Justin. Todd’s booth was just down the isle from mine at the Iowa deer classic last year and we spent quite a bit of time just bsing about big deer, sheds, moving to Iowa from another state, you name it. Todd is an incredibly passionate person about everything he does from what I can tell. Honestly I think the term “praying for you” gets overused as something people say without thinking about it. Todd’s situation has hit me pretty hard, I think because I relate to his passion and we both have new babies at home. My family will be praying for Todd, and his wife and son specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OkieArrowSlinger and Benny_Bucks like this.
  9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know the man, but things like this do make one take pause-

We are not invincible. ESPECIALLY if you have dependents you owe it to them if not yourself to take utmost care to prevent damage to your melon when doing action sports. I don't have kids, but I do have a great wife and she deserves to have me around able to stand on my own two feet and able to feed myself for as long as she wants me.

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Really sorry to hear about this, Justin. Life is certainly fragile and it's unfortunate it takes events like these to remind us of that. I will keep he and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

11. Heritage

Heritage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Please keep us posted, Justin. Lots of people praying for Todd. Let his family know we're thinking and praying, if you will .

12. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Todd seems like a great guy and someone I have always looked up to. I hope he recovers fully. I'll be keeping he and his family in my prayers.

13. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man, I remember him just starting out and chasing his dream. I find myself checking throughout the day for any updates. Just so horrible for him and his family, I can't even imagine.

14. Bowbunter k-32

Bowbunter k-32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will continue to pray for him and his family!!! I spent about an hour talking to him at the Harrisburg show in PA. What a super nice guy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    boonerville likes this.
  15. Davis30

Davis30 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any updates on Todd?

boonerville likes this.
  16. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is horrible. If you all havent heard, Tim Grounds of Tim Grounds Championship Calls, who is like a Godfather in the waterfowling industry, just died of a similar ATV accident while spraying weeds. He was 60 yrs old and probably been riding atv’s for a long time. It can happen in an instant. Prayers for Todd and his family. That’s a long road to recovery.

17. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Todd's wife katie posted on Facebook that Todd has had two brain surgeries so far, but it is basically a waiting game now to see if the swelling goes down. No other updates other than everyone is waiting to see how his brain responds to the surgeries.

18. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of the man, but that is just awful. My thoughts go out to his family.

Shocker99 likes this.
  19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    To my understanding, there's been no progress in either direction and his status is unchanged. It's still just waiting and hoping for a miracle.

boonerville likes this.
  20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is awful. Come on Todd we are rooting for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

boonerville likes this.