2018 NFL Season

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BowCommander, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    sure looked like it...

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kareem Hunt to the Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Anotnio Brown officially asked for a trade, Bell wants out and I say get rid of them. Steelers could be sitting pretty in the first round.

AB wants to go to overall number one pick 49'ers, and Bell will likely go to a playoff team so could end up with a top pick and 2 late first rounds.

JuJu can replace Brown, if Washington can step up to #2 or 3 should be fime in the passing game. Bell is a bit harder to replace, but Connor can be part of an old style 1-2 running back system or be the featured back if he can deal with the workload and stay healthy.

Steelers always draft well, maybe not a fans desired position but they usually find talent anywhere throughout the draft.

Both AB and LB are worth first round picks and Steelers should not waver from that IMO.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rumor has it the Packers may be kicking the tires on Bell

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I've heard Packers and possibly Ravens.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Packers have 2 1st round picks. They can spare one.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thing is, Bell would be transition tagged allowing the Steelers an option to match. Can the Pack afford him and his wants after the huge Rodgers deal? Guess if Rodgers has his guaranteed already they could restructure?

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Packers actually have a lot of cap space I am not sure kinda feel conflicted the Packers have a fine running game now no need to spend big $ on a RB

9. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not want Bell.

I don’t really want AB cuz of his drama but I’d rather have him then Bell.

Steelers fans are NUTS if they think they can just replace these 2 players. Ju-Ju should take AB out to dinner everyday for the constant double team he’s taken away for the last 2 years. And James Conner should take both of them out for never having to encounter a safety near the line of scrimmage.

The Steelers are going to be nowhere near as successful on offense when both players are truly gone, a safety can be assigned to both Ju Ju and Conner and all of a sudden they will both look average. You simply don’t replace top 5 talent with “other guys”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I disagree, the same was said about Wallace leaving.

The Steelers have had great depth at wide receiver over the past decade and they still have it now. The problem is too much talent and the "me first" mentality brought on by fantasy football and its obsession to football.

Sure it sucks to lose them, but I'd rather have a drama free team than a couple prima donna's. Bell didn't complain qbout his role, he was upset about guaranteed money. He got offered exactly what he wanted but refused because there wasn't enough upfront money. Then gave up 14.5 mil. and a season of his prime. At least he held to his word and sat out rather than blow up like Brown did.

We need more Heinz Wards in the league and less Brown's.

The Steelers will be just fine without both of them, I'm actually anxious to see them go elsewhere. Find out how much of it was them, and how much if it was the system they played in.

Very few offensive Steelers have left and been much of anything with another team. Plaxico won a ring with NY and Wallace had 1 or 2 good seasons.

Bryant, Randle El, Parker, Stewart, O'donnel and I'm sure a few others I can't recall ATM were run of the mills going into another system.

Ben still has a few years, health dependent, left and maybe a toned down offense will help. I would love to see them get back into a run first offense with clock controlling drives than 5 play minute and a half TD's.

I also think Tomlin's tolerant coaching style with "handled internally" style is to blame for a lot of the ego problems, but he cannot be blamed the contractual disputes.

11. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Every sports reporter that says or writes Teddy Bridgewater is ready to be a starter now should be fired immediately! He sucked before he blew out his knee and the little he has played since he looks like he belongs in the CFL.

Sota likes this.
  12. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Kaepernick asking for 20 million a year from the AAF is proof he doesn't want to play. He is a f*****g scum bag!

greatwhitehunter3 and Sota like this.
  13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Steelers just got bent over hard!!! A 3rd and a 5th round pick and still count 21 million against the cap. The coach is a joke and now the players know they just have to cry and the team will trade them for nothing so they can make way more money. This team is heading down the toilet fast.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Waiting for the promised free agent aggressive approach, not like I wanted any of the available receivers yet.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am happy with the signings. Whoa is this Green Bay 3 free agent signings? Spending money upgrading players.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Rick Spielmen is an idiot

17. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Browns win AFC North for sure!

axtell343 likes this.
  18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've said for awhile Tomlin needs to go. I liken him to Barry Switzer going to Dallas, came in and won a SB early on the coat tails of Johnson. Nothing after, Jerry Jones contributed to both standing behind him and letting the team run amok.

Tomlin won on the coat tails of Cowher and was soon thereafter a players coach and not a team or organization coach. His best line was, "I'm not going to get into details, but we are aware of the situation amd are handling it internally", which meant depending on who got out of line or became a distraction we're not going to say whether they were punished or not.

The Rooney's are known for retaining coaches and I doubt Tomlin will be fired anytime soon with his record as head coach, whether he deserves the credit or not. I'd have loved to have seen Tomlin canned when Lebeau was let go and give the HC position to Lebeau. I think he would have been a great HC in a defensive system he built.

With the talent the Steelers had, they should have at least one ring in the past 6 years, it's inexcusable.

I still think they will be ok after losing Bell and Brown, they became "ME" players and the Steelers management are notorious for not giving huge signing bonuses so it should not have been a surprise to Bell. He got offered exactly what he was and is wanting, but there was not a 30 million guarantee. Lets see where they are both at in 3 seasons, not going to count their first "chip on the shoulder" season with their new teams.

Lester likes this.
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think you meant to post this in the joke of the day thread :lol:

Lester likes this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow the Giants are in remission Cancer free after yesterdays trade.