Arrow preference

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Faktor15, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Faktor15

Faktor15 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey y’all I’m new to this forum. I shoot a Hoyt faktor turbo that’s set at 65lb draw and 28.5 inch draw. I’m shooting the gold tip hunter arrows with a 100 grain mechanical broadhead. I’m curious as to what arrows and broad heads y’all shoot with a similar set up that I have? Thanks!

2. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are obviously a lot of potential answers here, but I really like the Carbon Express Maxima Red 350's. I shoot the same specs as you. I still love the original NAP Killzone.

3. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot GT Hunter XT 300’s with 100g head and a 50g weight threaded into the aluminum gold tip inserts, 90 degree 4 fletch with 2.25” blazer X-vanes, GTO bushing and nock. I use the bushing bc I like the way it looks and the GTO bushing and nock weigh almost the same as a nockturnal lighted nock. 28” carbon to carbon, 475 grain, 275fps out of a 68lb Halon 32 w/ 28.5” draw. My wife has a vinyl cutting machine, so I made some solid white wraps as well. [​IMG]

wildernessninja likes this.
  4. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And here’s a gold tip hunter xt 340 that I shot this buck and a doe with the year before last. They’re pretty tough arrows.[​IMG]

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer a somewhat heavier arrow 11.3 gpi with a 29" arrow. 1 it makes the bow quieter 2 with a mechanical head I want something around 475 grains just to blow thru even on a bone hit.

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I really like this smaller diameter arrows at about 29 inches and 430 grains or so overall. I could probably beef them up 50 grains or so but dont really have the need bc the deer I hunt arent all that big. 150lb field dressed deer is considered big.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like either Victory RIPs or Black Eagle Rampage and my broadhead choice is always TBD
    I have been shooting NAP Spitfire double-cross and regular Spitfires

8. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Goldtip hunter xt 300 spine. Hundred grain brass insert,hundred grain head. 28 inch carbon to carbon 3 inch vantec vanes. Was shooting it out of a parker sidekick extreme set at between 60-65 lbs 27 inchdraw. now it will be shot out of my new prime centergy hybrid at 62 lbs 28 inch draw.

9. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Arrow comes in at 484 grains

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've been super happy with Black Eagle Rampage arrows with a 50 grain brass HIT insert on the front. Total arrow weight w/wrap, fletching, lumenok, and a 100-grain head works out to 440 grains at 28 inches long. I typically shoot 65 lbs as well and have had zero problems getting a complete pass through using both fixed blades and 2" mechanicals.