Sitka Gear?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Gear' started by James Giarraputo, Jan 22, 2019.

1. James Giarraputo

James Giarraputo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have personal experience in using Sitka Gear and how it compares to other hunting clothes in regards to warmth, effectiveness of the pattern, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder that also. Is it worth double the price?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. James Giarraputo

James Giarraputo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well my thought is buy once, cry once. It may be worth investing in and having it last awhile. Not to say other brands couldn’t last as long but they definitely have a great following

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a bunch of it and I love it for both whitetail hunting and western hunting. I have found warmer items in other brands but where Sitka rises above the others is fit and lack of bulkiness. To me, their gloves and hats are not worth their price, besides the Blizzard Beanie which is the warmest hat I have ever owned. The EVII (blue looking whitetail) pattern is okay at best for deer, but as discussed in a recent thread, camo pattern is one of the least important things when it comes to clothing. The Open Country and Subalpine both blend in great for western hunting. There are three pieces I recommend to anyone making their first purchases from Sitka. The Fanatic Hoodie, Timberline Pants, and Jetstream Jacket. They are all well made pieces and every time I head out hunting, I am typically wearing one of them. Is it worth the full price? Absolutely not. But cruise classifieds on bowhunting.com, archerytalk.com, and rokslide.com and you can pretty much always find what you're looking for (especially this time of year). The majority of stuff I own is used and you could never tell when I purchased it. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me. Also, you may want to look into moving this thread out of the classifieds for more responses.

James Giarraputo likes this.
  5. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The thing I’ve found is it’s a true layering system. I can layer up in the morning and adjust all day.
    Had UA and gave it to my son. Didn’t have the warmth without bulk.
    Open Country camo works very well from a tree stand too. Just look up in the fall. You see a lot more greys.
    Is it worth it, in my opinion, yes. Look around and you can definitely find it below MSRP.

James Giarraputo likes this.
  6. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started using sitka this year and fell in love with it, perfect fit, no bulk and perfect spacing of pockets. Sometimes I almost feel as though I do not even need a pack with the amount of pocket space. It completely changed the way I hunt, especially late season. I totally recommend it.

Chipper Cooper likes this.
  7. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Worth it.. Went through tons of clothes until I waded into the higher end stuff.. Ill never look back.

8. Where's Bruce?

Where's Bruce? Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Orange County-People's Republik of Mexifornistan
    Google the DYNAMIC REWARMING drill video. Few clothing mfrs provide products that can save your life. I jumped into my pool with my Sitka Gear, 5.5 miles later I was dry.