Spooky?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by fletch920, Jan 20, 2019.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So, according to the world of Facebook, Spook has struck again. This time it's amazingly, a 280" archery kill with multiple drop tines. So far, he has completely avoided all questions as to what state it was shot in. But seriously folks, I don't care how much money, energy, connections, luck and magic you might have, to kill something like 14 bucks over 200" in a few years is more than spooky. It's almost as if he is just flaunting the fact that it is basically impossible. I live in some of the best area in the country and could not put anyone on a 200"(PLUS) for any amount of money. Nor can any of the very successful guys I know at this time. There are a very few deer that make that mark in the entire country every year. Weird that he gets to hunt so many of them.

Think about this; back in the glory days of Bill Jordan being the biggest, baddest hunting celebrity the world ever knew, he had guys from all over the country calling him and begging him to come hunt a giant buck they had found, just so they could meet him and be part of the story. That was long before we had huge amounts of pressure for trophy hunting and long before land was all getting leased up and long before the woods were absolutely crawling with bowhunters and he could not even compare. I don't know that he ever even killed a 200.

You can manage huge tracts of ground with the strictest of controls and do well to get a buck to crack 200 inches on occasion. Yet, spooky seems to end up in this position more often than most of us trade bows. And these deer are not just barely over 200 inches, they are blowing way past that mark. Is he really that lucky?

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He is a scum bag who has used his massive amount of $$$ to get out of more trouble and in front of big bucks. It isn't the same thing as hunting inside a fence but how far from it is he...not much IMO. He does have plenty of ball washers though so we'll see who wants to defend him here.

fletch920 likes this.
  3. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    It's my thinking that you just cant get in front of that many free ranging whitetails that score at the very top of what is killed in the entire country, over and over and over again in such a short amount of time. The best farms in the country don't produce 220's and bigger all the time. Not without some kind of help from outside. And really, I guess I don't care. I'm just baffled by how many people hang on his every word and believe what seems to be a fairy tale. The constant mention of faith and religion is probably what gets to me more than the deer.

4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I need more backstory.

5. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    There is plenty available online. He was convicted of poaching in KS. He claims ignorance to the law and says he was leasing a farm with intent to buy and thought he could hunt there on a landowner tag. Lots of good reading and lots of other run-ins with the law. He claims to always be set-up by law enforcement and is the good, God serving, Christian victim. But, as bad of luck as he seems to have with the law, he certainly has the best "luck" of any man to have ever walked the earth when it comes to finding and killing exceptionally giant bucks. :evilgrin:

6. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stalkers gotta stalk.
    You sure seem obsessed with those that have success?

7. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think you need to try some Spook Nation fitness and get your mind and body right, clearly this is the X factor in his success...

8. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I'd never heard of him but googled spook nation and saw some older news that gave me the back back story.

9. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know a guy that was hunting at the outfitter when he killed his early season Kentucky buck in 2017. The deer was 207” and change. Nothing fishy that he noticed and he was in camp with them. My best guess is that he has a tremendous network, lots of resources ($$) and is putting an absurd bounty on finding these deer for those in that network.

Who knows, where there is smoke there is usually fire but regardless whatever he is doing seems like it would take the fun out of it.

10. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I also assume that if legit, this is the only scenario possible. I still can not imagine the amount of time and money that it would take to be the ONE guy to get that opportunity. lol.

w33kender likes this.
  11. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I've had plenty of my own to not worry about the success of others. As long as they are legal.

I guess it must take a stalker to know one. You have the option of putting me on "ignore" and you should consider it.

w33kender likes this.
  12. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if he has to put camo paint on those teeth? :cool:

Suncrest08 and virginiashadow like this.
  13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If it doesnt seem logical it usually isnt....

" kill something like 14 bucks over 200" in a few years is more than spooky. "

Most people never see a buck over 180 in their entire hunting lives...30 to 40 yrs of hunting. Yet this guy kills 14 over 200 in a few yrs.

A plus b does not equal c in this case.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I've said enough in previous threads for my opinion to be known on this matter.
    Oh and OT...the Chiefs can kiss both sides of my butt....losers.

fletch920 likes this.
  15. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any time a deer like that gets shot around here in North Dakota there usually is an investigation... show the game warden where when and how usually comes after any word of the kill.

fletch920 likes this.
  16. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Does he still have a show on TV? If not, why drop all the cash to kill these deer?

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't like people who act all christy and act like a jackass breaking the law. Chris and Spook are both fake christians.

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe he's just a really, really, really good hunter.

19. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of Him ! don,t know ! Don,t care either ! I bow hunt to just please me !!!!

fletch920 likes this.
  20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe...:ninja:

Maybe the Saints are celebrating their season this morning.

Lester, siwulat and Sota like this.