Sitka Gear Fanatic Suit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is bullcrap... now I"m going to be upgrading my jacket to the new one I'm sure... The Sitka addiction is real folks. I"m pretty sure this is what heroin is like...

Okiebob likes this.
  3. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It’s a slick outfit for sure, just give it a lil while and you’ll be able to pick one up in the classifieds for way less than retail. I know when I had the fanatic it collected burs like crazy, this new design should eliminate that big time. The new fanatic pack looks like it will collect burs tho, but the no buckle concept is pretty nice for noise reduction, I just wish they had designed the incinerator set to be more quite with the gortex, it drives me bonkers but it’s so stinking warm. Hasn’t bothered the deer but it does mess with me.

Western MA Hunter likes this.
  4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Fanatic vest is my favorite piece.

cml5895 likes this.
  5. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been on the fence about Sitka for a while, I really don't want to drop that amount on it but the overwhelming reviews are pushing me to do it.

Side note: I wear a large if you guys are about to dump your old stuff.

6. Robert Gate

Robert Gate Newb

Dislikes Received:
    An intelligent design to reduce noise, which is a big issue with hunters.

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would love to try this but can't see spending the money. I honestly think deer see you move or your smell, regardless of camo.

WillO likes this.
  8. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    I have quite a few pieces of Sitka. I bought the fanatic jacket and stratos pants to start and then added a piece every year as I saw the need for something. The fanatic jacket is in my opinion the best designed treestand whitetail jacket going, hands down. Pockets are almost spot on, but the new looks to be an improvement. There are even lanyard tie offs around the pockets for the rangefinder, grunt tube, etc. The only thing that always bugged me, and I'm hoping the new pocket layout is better , is if you wear a bino harness. The straps block access to the pockets to some degree.

It did collect burrs, but never had an issue with the noise. But if the new is that big of an improvement, i'll be looking at it to replace my current one.

9. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When you're ready to sell let me know! I found that I can hunt all season between the fanatic hoodie, Stratus pants and jacket and the fanatic vest. All extremely thought out pieces, well made and when combined are very,very warm.

10. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats my exact system.. works amazing

cml5895 likes this.
  11. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's the fit like on the stratus pants? Been looking into them but between wondering about the fit and if stuff sticks to them bad haven't yet. Don't have anywhere can try them on so will need to order online. And reviews only say so much.

I just picked up some sitka this fall. Have the equinox hoddy, fanatic light bibs, and stratus vest. Worked really well this year. Only problem is not really a fan of bibs but other than that not much to complain about. Oh and not being able to find a good hat. Its petty but I'm ocd about what kinda ball caps I wear and haven't found one I like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah they have to be able to text and up date status on social media silently.

13. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:

Will do. I imagine, just like all of their new pieces, they won't be available until June and I certainly want to look at the new one in person. This Sitka addiction is getting out of hand... and very expensive. lol.

TheHardWoods913 and cml5895 like this.
  14. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    I wear a 34 jean, and I have the xl pants. The reason I do so is because of layers under them. They fit about perfect with two layers of thermals under them. Not to mention I always have worn my harness under my pants (i did this after wearing the crotch out of countless other pairs of pants over the years and it ended up being the harness leg straps doing it eventually).

15. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been goin back and fourth on size. I wear a 36x36 jean and for the bibs went with a 2xl for the length. Was able to try those on before buying and the xl didn't leave much for layering. So sounds loke should follow that idea and order 2xl in pants as well.

Like said this was first year trying sitka and I was happy spent the money. Was iffy at first but with setup I had it worked pretty well until the temps got real low without much layering. Originally only had the jacket and bibs but added the vest later on and it worked great. Well worth the price for everything imo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love my fanatic jacket. It is by far the best bowhunting jacket I have ever owned. I also have the Incinerator jacket for late season. I usually don't wear that bow hunting bc it is rather loud, but It is the warmest thing I have ever worn!
    I also have 2 different pairs of gloves and the Fanatic hat as well as heavy weight base later pants and a lightweight top.
    I am looking into the heavy weight zip T and the Fanatic hoodie. Any recomendations?
    Also, how warm are the stratus pants? I currently wear Under Armor pants. I have 2 different pairs for early season and later on in the bow season. Very comfy and fit perfet. I don't care if my camo doesn't match.

17. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You don’t match your camo! :whip:Hahaha
    But what will the deer think! The stratus pants are warm when layered properly. I layer with heavy merino wool base and it serves me good down to 30’s easily. The big thing is the wind blocker with the stratus, it’s clutch and really keeps the cold out. I wear equinox early season, the stratus are too warm for the walks in. The fanatic hoody is one of my favorite pieces by Sitka, I wear it alone in early season and layer with everything else throughout the year, has a built in face mask and thumb holes to help when layering.

18. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    I like the status pants a lot. I actually wear them from beginning of season in October till end in January here in PA. With the right layers, they're very versatile.

I second the fanatic hoody. That thing is just stupid cool and again, a very versatile piece.