Boonerville's 2018-2019 Semi Live Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boonerville, Jan 19, 2018.

1. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In other news, myself and 2 buddies from out of state just leased 670 acres yesterday. Two tracts, One is 160 and the other is 510 a couple miles away. The 500 acre piece is almost all crp with brushy ditches and fingers. The 160 is timber pasture (timber that has cattle in it). My two buddies are set to draw Iowa tags in 2019, so I will be setting it up for them first. I will be hunting it in years they do not draw tags. I haven't even set foot on it yet, only looked at aerials. Pretty exciting stuff! I much prefer leasing over permission because it comes with a measure of control. The landowner seems really easy to get along with so hopefully this pans out long term. The only potential downside is the farms are across the road from 2000 acres of public land, but that could end up being a good thing when I put in food. Pressure on the public will hopefully make deer seek security on these farms...we will see. It's in a completely new area/county I have never hunted before. It will be fun starting with a blank slate.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I still bet it gets tossed. I know the law well, and it's largely untested. Hard to limit someone's rights on their own property. If you were on public, you would stand a chance. But, the bigger picture is the fact that you pushed it to this extreme. You started a war amongst neighbors on ground you don't even own. You drug an older woman into a mess because you couldn't back off a little. That's sad for her and a testament to your pursuit of antlers at all costs.

And the deleted videos? You keep forgetting to answer that one?

3. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why do you have such a hard on against Booner? Just curious, are you that bored with your own life that you need to be involved in someone else’s?

4. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Because I hunt fencelines.

fletch920 likes this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly dont give a $hit, but this is sure fun to watch.
    Nothing makes a great buck thread better than drama.
    /gets popcorn and pokes fletch..."I think booner called you a jerk, Booner fletch thinks you suck "
    Ok boys....put on your internet gloves and throw down

Get it on

StanfillKY, Suncrest08, WillO and 3 others like this.
  6. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, bored. My trophy room is full and I sold my best ground. So, now I look for guys that want to impress the world with their whitetail wisdom and abilities to piss off all their neighbors and landowners because they have that right. It's not much, but it's all I got until warm weather and fishing.

Do you know why he deleted the videos of himself shooting a deer across a fence?

I hate to ask him again for fear of getting charged with hunter harassment. :evilgrin:

HillviewHuntClub likes this.
  7. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty crazy picture from yesterday morning. Shed buck working a scrape. This makes 8 shed bucks on camera already
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mpeck2892

Mpeck2892 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I take silence as guilt. It would of been easy to tell a lie and make something up, but at this point it’s too late.

And on the buck he shot, definitely a nice deer, But come on, of all the pics you post from your farms and saying what deer need another year, I guarantee you don’t even think about shooting that deer on any of your regular farms. But since you found him someplace down the road on new property with no meaning to you, heck, why not. I’m usually very happy for anybody taking any size deer that makes them happy, I know what it’s like on long seasons or crappy weather, your standards drop, and sometimes those deer are smaller but more cherished memories. But can’t say I’m fan of how you shot that deer.

I originally thought you were pretty humble, and just a guy doing what he loved to do, but now think you kinda a have a ego.

Anyway, I hope you get about hundred new trails cams this year, I never get tired of looking at deer and that’s mostly why I follow your post.

9. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    My apologies if I came across as having an ego. I definitely don't do anything for any sort of recognition. The only person I compete with when it comes to hunting is myself.

As far as the new property not having any meaning, that couldn't be further from the truth. It has a ton of meaning...gaining access to it brought the "fun" back into a very frustrating season.

NEB Bucks and StanfillKY like this.
  10. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    Fair enough.. shoulda sold your house, built a bigger trophy room and kept the land

NEB Bucks, fletch920 and boonerville like this.
  11. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Already did that twice. I'm in over 5000 sq/ft now and get tired of cleaning. It's easier to just be a fisherman and point out the blind ambitions of todays antler chasers. It doesn't hurt that I still have great hunting when I want. :bow:

12. gauge

gauge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try making the neighbors mad and see how that works out!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

13. Suncrest08

Dislikes Received:
    That’s what the wife’s for haha. Good deal

fletch920 likes this.
  14. WETWOODLODGE

WETWOODLODGE Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Man I love when all the out of state guys come in and lease up on the ground we grew up hunting...said no one ever. Sadly this is what its turning to. Guys getting hard ons for big antlers and trail cam discounts. From the looks of Boonerville, id say you guys kind of put a curse on yourself this year with that kind of title. 0-3 so far.

15. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome

WETWOODLODGE, cml5895 and boonerville like this.
  16. WETWOODLODGE

WETWOODLODGE Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks! I won't last long if I gotta read this garbage all the time LOL. So far loving what I see from the site and far as information and resources, etc., wish I could have known about it a few years ago. Still haven't found a forum for "My wife complains about me hunting too much" I could be a moderator for that!!

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The beauty of it is you do not have to read anymore if it bothers you. I see both sides of the issue and some of each side applies to me and my set up. Believe it or not I have no opinion and really can not relate to making my hunts open for viewing, I also hunt my own land so I do not have to spare feelings. I have also dealt with subtle hunter harassment but let it slide it was just Minnesota passive aggressive.

early in, fletch920 and Fix like this.
  18. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of good folks and info here. There is also a super helpful function where if you don't like reading a particular thread you can use your finger or wheely thing on your mouse and keep scrolling...works very well. :biggrin:

19. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

There is actually a Thread Manager position open on this forum if your interested.

We used to have a guy called Tiggie, he was amazing at it. He has since gone on to better things though.

20. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    :lmao2::lmao2: