Jealousy

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by boonerville, Dec 14, 2018.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure that we can all agree, this is damn funny!!!! Winning.

See, we all need a little privacy sometimes. :evilgrin:

w33kender, foodplot19 and dnoodles like this.
  2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly! The other half is yours... therefore the line fence belongs to both parties. You know, half yours and half his equals BOTH. Period. End of statement.

3. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wouldn't the fence belong to the landowner/property that paid to put it up? Unless they went in together and split the costs?

Regardless of that, I would hate to see Booner stop posting the great threads that he starts and continues to help keep the drive alive for those of us that don't get out as often or will never have the time and opportunities that he is lucky enough to have. We all have frustrated stories of other hunters doing something we don't agree with so sure, Booner vented and posted this thread just like many of us do. Obviously the neighbor didn't mind having his picture taken repeatedly or he wouldn't have walked right in front of the cameras while flicking them off. Keep on keeping on Boon.

4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure the neighbor was pissed because Booner shot a doe on his side of the fence the day before. The neighbor is on his own property.

5. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Booner's follow up to that was that it was a completely different property/landowner if I remember correctly.

6. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The sky is falling too. Do you believe that also?

The good thing about this world is you are allowed to believe what you want. The truth is the truth.
    No matter what, the info that cls posted is spot on. The video clearly showed the doe being shot on the neighbor's side of the fence.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "Absolutely out of your mind".....

That made me determined.

Public records are a very real thing, just as social media is a very real thing.

I may go down as an *******, but your trail was fairly easy to track.

Have fun in court.

JHTP.PNG

8. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Actually you just made my point for me. I already said it was going to court. Has nothing to with the taking of a deer. It’s a dispute over where the property line is/isnt and the location of one camera in relation to that. If it had anything to do with the shooting of a deer it would say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "While deer hunting" not simple trespass.

Ah well, I'm done with it. You'll have your day in court. I didn't save the videos, not my fight. Being up for 3 weeks I'm sure someone did for the plaintiff.

Be careful with social media, nothing ever disappears even when you delete it. Everything you post belongs to Facebook and is stored and subject to subpoena. Good lesson for everyone.

Good day sir

10. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wouldn't this be easily settled with a simple survey of the involved properties?

justinwmoe88 and boonerville like this.
  11. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes exactly. Which is happening now.

12. Mpeck2892

Mpeck2892 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting thread, keeps turning in new directions. I’m not taking sides on this as most of us really have no idea what’s going on besides what’s being stated by a couple people here. But I keep hearing about deleted videos, is there really videos deleted and if so can you explain why?

fletch920 likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Videos were both Facebook live videos. Taken the evening of Nov. 28th and left up until a few days into this thread when the kill shot video was deleted.

A few days later when I referenced the other video it was deleted as well.

I think it was a "caught in the moment" thing. Poor choice was made and bite in the ass ensued.

Videos were up for 3 weeks, yet while they could have been vindicating by showing landmarks/details to prove location innocense, they were deleted.

I've never had this sort of call out on someone in the 10+ years I've been on the forum. If I'm wrong I'll never post again.

14. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same applies in North Dakota. But we still get a couple landowners that will try bully you off. They literally will walk up to you toting guns and act like they are big tough guys there to muscle you around and beat you up. I just laugh at they’re attempt and call the game warden while they are being assholes. Then hand them the phone so the game warden can tell them to stay where they are until he arrives and then the warden helps me retrieve the deer and the landowner that was being a **** has now lost a friend and any deer trails/scouting information that I would have been more than willing to help out with and lost his respect from the game warden. I love how some people in this world think they can just muscle people around with no consequences. Just remain calm and let the game warden or sheriff deal with it. All a person can do is keep his/her word, good attitude, and respect all others before ourselves... try practicing the three c’s.. cool calm and collective. You’d be surprised how far just that will get you!

15. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  16. artzeigler

artzeigler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

Berwickbuckmaster likes this.
  17. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

foodplot19 likes this.
  18. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! this really opened up a bit of insight to personalities...the good ,the bad, and the ugly

WillO likes this.
  19. buggs

buggs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This particular thread personifies why we're selling our legacy cabin and hunting property. I'm getting up there in age and just don't need the drama anymore. Its in almost every deer camp and on every internet forum these days. Fence line hunting? If it is obvious (stand placement, predominant wind direction, available shooting lanes, cover, food, water..etc..) your on a shared fence line - hunting your land - more power to you. However, if your stand or blind is facing your neighbors, or your east of your neighbor facing west into your neighbors land, or if you lack a window or shooting lane onto your own land and your utilizing the prevailing southwest wind coming from your neighbors land with cameras surveilling his property, setting right over the line then well, everyone knows what your intent likely is ....

fletch920 likes this.
  20. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well said. I thought I might end up disappointed that I sold my best hunting farm. But, it has been the best decision I could have made. I have been there and done that and the jealous competition for big deer ruined it for me. Life now is much less complicated and I have gotten back to the basics of hunting and simply enjoying it for what it should be. Mostly, helping my father-in-law and others to enjoy the outdoors.