Life of Americas Best Bowstrings?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by TheFitHunter, Dec 7, 2018.

1. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all,
    I originally planned on waiting until the summer to restring my bow, but with the extreme amount of shots I generally take on a weekly basis I am beginning to realize this must be done sooner rather than later. I was looking at the Americas Best Bowstrings lineup, does anybody have any experience with their strings? I would hate to pay the money for the platinum strings with only 2 months left in season and have to restring the bow again halfway through next season. Any experience with speed changes, stretching, peep rotation, etc? Should I consider using one of their lesser quality strings for now and get the higher quality strings before season next year? Thoughts?

2. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What is an "extreme amount of shots"? Everything wears out eventually, sooner with lots of use.

3. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I should have specified on that point, what is a lot for me may not be much at all for other people. However, throughout the season I will not shoot as much although I will still try and shoot at least every other day, but during the offseason, usually February through August and into september here in New Jersey, I will usually shoot several hundred arrows every week.

4. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't answer your questions about America's Best Bowstrings but I've heard good things. If you keep a good quality string waxed and clean you shouldn't have any trouble getting through next season or longer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If you're shooting a few hundred arrows a week I would plan on replacing your string every year or two, regardless of who made it. With that said ABB makes hands down the best string/cables I've ever used. I've never had a single issue with serving separation or peep rotation/creep. They're stable and rock solid from the minute you put them on your bow.