Triax vs vertix

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by fadetoblack188, Nov 23, 2018.

1. fadetoblack188

fadetoblack188 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    heading out tomorrow to try the two out. Anyone have any oppions either which way on the two?

I can probably get the triax a little cheaper being last years model and I do like the 28in axel to axel compact.

But the vertix is the new 2019 and suppose to be the next best thing?

Anyone shoot both?

( anything else in that price range you may recommend ? )

2. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot both back to back, and would say you do the same.

I ended up buying a Vertix, as I felt it was a blond hair better and couldn't get past the 28" look of the Triax....

Custom order will be some weeks out :(

3. Ryan Cornelius

Ryan Cornelius Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot both at a shop the other day. I like them both but ultimately like the longer axel to axel and the switchweight technology is pretty awesome. So I plan on ordering a Vertix soon.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I own both and to be honest I'm not sure which I like better. I shoot my Triax awfully well and it's definitely Top 3 in terms of all time favorite bows I've owned. BUT I do like the grip on the Vertix better and the little bit longer length isn't a bad thing either. In a blind head-to-head competition I think the Vertix wins out by a very slight margin. However if you're already pushing the budget and you can pick up the Triax for a couple dollars less you're not going to be disappointed at all. You really can't go wrong either way.

Ryan Cornelius likes this.
  5. ThrustWasher

ThrustWasher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I own the Halon 32 and the Vertix, You have to shoot them both and decide for yourself! The Vertix draw is a little stiffer than the Triax, And the valley seems a touch more shallow but its still a excellent shooting bow! I can say the Grip on the Vertix is light years better than the flatback grip!

6. ThrustWasher

ThrustWasher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sure would have been nice if Mathews would of made the new style grip so it could have fit previous model bows!

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Would have been great for the consumer with an older bow - not so much for Mathews when everyone buys grips instead of bows. :lol:

8. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shot the Vertix today and didn’t really care for it. If I were to get rid of my Triax it would be for the TR5. That Bow feels way better than the Vertix to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xoutdoors likes this.
  9. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

OK/Sooner likes this.
  10. CrispySmurf

CrispySmurf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a TX-5 earlier this week as well! Really really liked it!

11. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Triax and I shot the Vertix recently. The Vertix is a quieter bow IMO. I like it and I am buying one to use as a target bow. Never thought I would own 3 at once, but I can't let go of my Halon.

JGD likes this.
  12. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot both. I feel like the Triax holds better balanced at full draw than the Vertix. The extra bit of riser on the Vertix makes it slightly top heavy vs the Triax. They are both whisper quiet and dead at the shot. The Vertix draw felt much stiffer to me at 70# than the Triax but pretty much the same draw cycle. Grip is a preference thing and I could shoot either fine, but actually prefer the flat back. I unfortunately never felt comfortable shooting the Triax with my 29" DL. It is just too compact and had to change my anchor point. I didn't like the peep all the way up at the speed buttons. The Vertix fits my geometry better and allows me to shoot with my traditional anchor points and keep my nose touching the string without any forward head. 28" DL and Below = Triax 28" and above =Vertix or Traverse IMO
    I like the fact that with the Vertix you can change poundage with a Mod. I would probably have two sets, one at 60# for year long practice/3D shoots and some 65# mods I could put on a month before season. I wish they would have put that Mod tech on the Traverse.