Team 21 BOONER NOCKOUT!

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by mathewsmq1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Josh Reed

Josh Reed Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well my phone died so ran back home to charge some, get some more coffee and bite to eat. Heading back in about 1 hour.

Roll Tide Roll

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  2. Josh Reed

Dislikes Received:
    Not looking good. I looked for few hours. Can't find anymore blood. Did grid search. My buddy is going to come over tomorrow morning and try to see if he has any better luck. I wish I would just have missed. I hate this. It was such an easy shot, 15 yards broadside

Roll Tide Roll

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  3. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't beat yourself up about it Josh. No such thing as an easy shot when your shooting at an animal with a bow. Hopefully you guys will find it tomorrow.

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  4. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I feel for ya. No worse feeling !!! It happens to everyone at some point. Good luck in morning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  5. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have not been posting allot lately but I have been a busy man with a west trip and getting on some problem Coyotes for my farmers
    I seem to have been getting less Mature bucks on my camera ever since the rut hit our area and to top it off I was gone for 2 weeks and now I feel out of the loop on what the deer have been up to, But I hope to locate another good deer in the near future and get back after him!

Until I find a consistent pattern we all know the Rut can be a bad hunters best friend so mabey I can get lucky here in Ohio & if not i'll just keep killing coyotes!

2018 ELK.jpg
    2018 NOVEMBER COYOTE.jpg

6. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck today Josh?

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  7. Josh Reed

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys no luck on deer. Meet Ryan at 9am and just got home about 30 mins ago. He didn't find anything pass where I did. We walked whole property and nothing, no bloody beds. Hopefully he will be ok. Didn't think about until my wife said it but going to pull cards tomorrow and see if got him on 1 of my cams.

Roll Tide Roll

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  8. Josh Reed

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man. Elk hunt is on my bucket list

Roll Tide Roll

buttonbuckmaster and mathewsmq1 like this.
  9. buttonbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    My son killed his first buck ever this morning during shotgun season. It's the crab claw buck I had pics of earlier. I would post pics, but some jackwagon changed the pic upload process. Keeps telling me it's too big, grrr. I ended up taking 2 deer myself this weekend, nice freezer filling time lol.

Westfinger and mathewsmq1 like this.
  10. buttonbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    20181118_075028.jpg Now it's working. The crab claw buck my son killed Sunday. Anyone hunting this week. I've cut and packaged 4 deer in the last 3 days. I'm taking a little break.

airenlow and Westfinger like this.
  11. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Brace yourselves! I just checked the scorecard and I believe we have second to last place locked up. This could be our year to get last place if we really pull together and do nothing.

I hope everyone is having a good season. Gun season opens up Monday in Ohio. I finish my 96 hours of call on Monday at 7am so theres a chance I may try to slip out and see if the gun hunters have them heading for the thick stuff. I may even start to consider shooting a doe...maybe.

airenlow likes this.
  12. buttonbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    Our gun season opens back up this Thursday thru Sunday. I'm tagged out with the shotgun so I probably won't hit the woods for a couple of weeks. I still have one bow tag left.

13. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Image1543350684.173710.jpg
    Totally bummed out!!!!!! This is the only descent buck that I saw during archery season on the property I hunt. I had him inside 25 yards one evening but he was dogging a doe and didn’t give me a shot. I was looking forward to trying to get on him in late season but the jack wagon that rifle hunts the same property on opening day only shot him. From what I understand he walked in after daylight and was there for 20 minutes and he walked out in front of him at 40 yards. WTF!!!!!!! Very frustrating that I put in about 70 hours of stand time throughout the season and this guys put in 20 minutes. Going out this weekend with my bow even though it’s gun season in pa now to try to get at least something for the team.

14. mathewsmq1

mathewsmq1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m in the same boat happy, except the buck suffered a lot. I think he either got beat up hard by the dominant buck and dropped his antlers on my property when my neighbors dogs came over and ripped his Balls and stuff off or he got hit by a car on his back end and dropped the antlers on my property from stress and the dogs ripped his balls and stuff off. My neighbor ended up getting the sheds because his dogs took them off of my property. I’m pretty ticked off about it.
    IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0466.JPG IMG_0467.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0481.JPG

15. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That’s crazy that you got trail cam pics of the dogs on that deer. That actually pisses me off!!! Dogs like that are as bad as coyotes. They are not pets they are predators!!!

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  16. mathewsmq1

Dislikes Received:
    The one dog is a $2,000 hog hunting dog that broke his chain and dug under the fence and the 2 other dogs are family dogs that just followed the hog dog. I’ve been hunting that buck for 2 years and I don’t get the sheds because his dogs took them off of my property. They had ran my bait from 5am-2pm that day. And now I only have 1 buck hitting my feeder and he’s just a fork horn.

But I did get permission to hunt my bosses property and I know that there’s some big bucks out here. I’ll be checking that camera around 12 because that’s pretty much the only time the deer aren’t out in the hay field. I’ll post pics as soon as I get them.

17. mathewsmq1

Dislikes Received:
    It’s been a weird season this year. I lost my #1 buck missed 2 nice bucks with rifle and my boss missed 2 bucks in the last 2 days on the same property I missed the 2 bucks on. I’ll be in Florida until the 10th so hopefully both the property’s will be calmed down by then. And not to mention the tornado that just went through the town we live in. It came within 3 miles of our home. Wayyyy to close to home.

18. buttonbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty quiet in here lol. Anyone still hunting? I'm going out tomorrow evening to try to fill my last bow tag. Ordered a crossbow today. Not even sure why, other than I have really enjoyed shooting my daughter's crossbow.

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  19. Happy

Happy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m still hitting the woods every Saturday for past 2 weeks. It’s gun season here and I’m just not into that so I’ve been taking bow to another spot hoping to arrow something. Been seeing deer just no shots. Tomorrow is last day of gun season then we have 3 weeks after x-mas of archery and flintlock. Still feel like I will get something but this has been my slowest season in many many years. In fact I can’t remember the last time I didn’t get a deer with bow in early season. I think at least the last 10 years I got 2 or 3 in early season. Real bummer. Seeing deer but no shooting.

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  20. mathewsmq1

Dislikes Received:
    I would be out hunting but I’m in Florida. I’ll be back home Monday night and I’ll be refilling my feeder and checking cameras on Tuesday to figure out what I’ve got on the property’s. Hopefully I’ll have some good pics when I get home!