First Lite Clothing thoughts

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Jeremy/PA, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thinking about getting into some First Lite gear. I'm specifically looking at the Woodbury jacket/ Catalyst pants, but whatever you have is fine for your opinions.

Can anyone speak to the durability of the clothing? Ie: How's the stitching/ feeling of fabrics used? Thoughts on toughness in the field and the longevity of the purchase. Thanks!

2. buzzard317

buzzard317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have Woodbury jacket and sanctuary pants. Tough, warm and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy/PA likes this.
  3. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Only ever used their baselayer stuff, so this isnt very relevant, but it is good comfortable stuff. I will wear just the top outside when the weather is warm and it hasnt shown any wear.

Jeremy/PA likes this.
  4. toadmeister

toadmeister Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got most their stuff except not the newer 2018 stuff.

Start with their Merino base layers, you can't go wrong with these. I like the early 100% Merino stuff but the newer Aerowool blends are more durable.

I mix and match several midlayers from different mnf ( Sitka, Cabela's, other). The FL puffy vest is versitle and easy to pack.

Woodbury jacket is my favourite mid to late hunting jacket ever for the stand. I also have the North Branch and Sanctuary for different conditions. Very well built and designed, high quality. Great hood design as I like hoods to keep my bald head warm. I have Sanctuary and North Branch bibs. Sanctuary serires is extremely warm.

FL Corrugate (guide) pants have great freedom of movement and design layout. Really a technical or hiking pants. I haven't tried their Corrugate jacket yet but I'm interested.

I like Sitka outer layers/jackets for my active hunts. Jetstream jacket and vest are really incredible with the Gore Windstopp and pocket, pit zip design. Timberline pants are another favorite of mine.

Jeremy/PA likes this.
  5. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for these replies guys. I got the Woodbury jacket and have used it a few times. I have to say it is pretty sweet. Plenty warm, silent and appears well built.

axtell343 likes this.