RACK AND ROLL! TEAM 14!

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by kjstaudt86, Aug 13, 2018.

1. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a few deer last night and a couple small buck would have given me less than 10 yard shots, but not what I’m looking for. Heard quite a bit of chasing going on, just never had the big ones come through.

dustywilmuth, kb1785 and early in like this.
  2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pulled cards today and I see this guy was back yesterday evening! He's been around for over a week now, so I'm hoping to see him when the weather will let me get into the woods. Looks like rain Mon/Tue, but Wed/Thur look doable. :tu:

Attached Files:

3. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a very nice deer. Hope you get a crack at him.

early in likes this.
  4. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I have not been around it’s been crazy over her the past couple weeks! I shot a buck last night!
    My daughter shot her first buck on Sunday and it’s really nice!
    My dad and his best friend also shot buck!

Attached Files:

5. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dragged all the bucks so my back is getting tired but never to tired to drag some bucks!!!!!
    I got Lily’s whole hunt on video with a really good video camera too! I just have no idea how to edit it!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    dustywilmuth, early in and Oldcarp like this.
  6. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, sounds like you had a good year

7. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to all of you!! Very nice! Is that one buck a piebald? It looks like it.

8. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be doing all day sits tomorrow and Thur, first of the rut season! I am pumped!

kjstaudt86, Simplman and Oldcarp like this.
  9. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! None of the bucks are piebal. Remember next week on Wednesday is the 3rd quarter moon so the big bucks will be on the move from Tuesday until the end of the full moon. So make sure you are in a tree Tuesday ,Wednesday and Thursday of next week during the prime days. Once the full moon hits most buck will be doing bedding area checks between 10-2 .so plan on all day sits or get in at 9:30 am if your worried about bumping deer in the dark

Simplman likes this.
  10. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One last rut tip:) if you are walking in and are at funnel or pitch point and spook a buck heading to a doe bedding area back to his bedding. Jump in your deer stand that is right there or run back to the truck and get one. He will be back on the same path before the dark. I have killed a bunch of bucks by breaking up the heard like turkeys. I also will walk right into a doe bedding area pushing them out into the opposite direction of the buck bedding area then put a climber up. I have killed big bucks doing this with in 60 minuets of hanging my stand . This past buck took 30 minuets to kill.This method works the best before lock down phase around noon time.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    kb1785 and Simplman like this.
  11. Simplman

Simplman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven’t checked in with y’all in a minute. I’ve been working like crazy, haven’t had a day off in the last two weeks. Whatever time I’ve had off at night has been spent with the wife and kiddo. Friday I close on a lot I’m purchasing to build a house, so it’s been a little crazy the last few weeks. After Friday I shouldn’t have to work my side job until after Thanksgiving. So Sunday and Monday I plan to sit. Hope y’all are having a great season chasing them bucks, hope to join in on the fun in the next few days!!!! -Simplman-

12. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man! If you can get me the measurements and at least two pictures with you and your bow equipment I can post it for you in the thread!

Also any word from dusty on his score of his buck?? We got some updating to do for our team!!

13. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome, congrats to all of you.

14. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was just curious how many Veterans do we have on our team?

15. kb1785

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not, my brother served in the Navy, my father in law served in the Navy on an aircraft carrier during the Korean war and my step dad was a waist gunner on a B17 in WWII. I have a great respect for those that served.

dustywilmuth and Oldcarp like this.
  16. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm going to take advantage of a short window for these next two weekends. I'll only be hunting tomorrow afternoon and Saturday until about 2pm. I have a wedding to attend Saturday evening and other obligations on Sunday. The following weekend I'll be a groomsmen in another buddies wedding. That takes me out of play all Friday and Saturday. I may take vacation Monday and Tuesday of thanksgiving week to try and hunt Sunday through Tuesday but I'm undecided. I have 4 days left to burn for the year.

Who plans weddings this time of year anyways :confused: ..... Good luck to my teammates this weekend if you're out and about.

kb1785 and Oldcarp like this.
  17. early in

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday (Thursday/8th) was one of the best days in the woods that I've had in quite some time! I saw about 11 deer, 3 of them bucks. They were small bucks, not either of the 2 that I'm hoping to see. One 6pt, one 4pt, and a half rack forky. The half rack was grunting up a storm!I did have one mature doe broadside at 20yrds just before dark, but I didn't want to disrupt the area because my target buck has been local for the last two weeks. I'm hoping he's still in the area.

kb1785 and tynimiller like this.
  18. djandy

djandy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys i am wondering why when you guys post something in this thread i do not get an email.i have all the check marks checked in my account settings in contact details.what could be the issue.

19. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I've been MIA guys. Been out at my cabin with very little cell signal for a week now. The hunting has been good so far.. lots of does and smaller bucks up and moving, but I have 3 weeks of vacation to go. Fingers crossed that I can spend the second half of it sleeping in! Congrats to those that scored and good luck to everyone still getting after it!!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

kb1785 likes this.
  20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I noticed my notifications seem to have stopped as well.

Quick update here....no doe for me to earn the 50 and get me a 2nd buck tag. Pops though had 2 shooters come by but long story short wasn't ready and they slipped em.

Huge 5x6 I want to tag if he doesn't....GORGEOUS BUCK!

kb1785 and kjstaudt86 like this.