Team 16 - The Xtreme Dirt Nap Boyz

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Bronson, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck brother! But pink on those arrows? Come on man!!!

2. overactor

overactor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Justin. I have been watching a nice buck the last few weeks moving closer to my place nightly. They cut a corn field about 1.5 miles from my place, saw him out in the field eating a few times, then about a half mile up the road closer to my place in a power line right of way with a bunch of doe eating daylight mind you for a few days. Then in random openings and hay pastures, then in a park that a handful of the local churches own and share ( rarely used except by me and my kids) then midnight on the 30th I was driving home from visiting family and he was bedded down in the grass on the edge of the area where 5 doe have been bedding the last week or so. The cold rainy weather is crappy but the doe have been staying put, so I am hoping he is bedding in there somewhere still. My wife said she was watching them in the woods on the edge of the power lines standing up to eat and bed back down. My house is in a holler, the food plots about 40 feet of elevation change below my house, and the hillside they are bedding on is about 100-150 foot of elevation change up hill. I have paths cut through my whole property and they use the trails a lot.
    Going to try to come in from behind them and see if I can get a shot on him.

3. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First hunt of the year for me at the farm! Got to the stand late and forgot a couple of things but I’m finally settled in and ready. I’m trying out my getto doe decoy and just got a black rack and extinguisher call. Hoping I can get a buck cruising! [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overactor and Russ morton like this.
  4. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Russ morton likes this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a couple does this morning and a very nice 2 year old out chasing and grunting up a storm. All in all not a bad hunt. Left all my gear in the tree for this evening. Had to run a few errands now I'm grabbing lunch and heading back out. Good luck to everyone! Let's put some more points on the board. :rock:

6. Russ morton

Russ morton Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No luck today. Shot two mangy stray dogs running my property this morning. There was four of them. Ggggrrrr
    I did get two cool picks of future targets.

Attached Files:

7. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Friday’s hunt was pretty cool. I saw 9 deer total all within bow range. I had a doe come in with 3 bucks chasing her. The biggest was a 110 inch 8. I got to hear him snort wheeze at the buck I got a pic of. He did it just loud enough for the small buck to hear but he didn’t want any other deee to hear it. Lol.
    I was trying to get the 8 on film and heard a crash and I’m pretty sure one of the smaller bucks tried to mount my decoy. He popped both the back legs off. I wish I would’ve gotten that on film!
    I’m heading back out this evening to a different plot. My 11 year old is heading out with me and he will be running the camera. I think we will see a lot of deer at this stand and hopefully a shooter.

overactor likes this.
  8. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    This is the buck that knocked over my decoy.

overactor and Justin like this.
  9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nice young deer! Sounds like a cool encounter.

I had two shooters in bow range this morning but couldn't get an arrow into either one. They were cruising fast and hard and as quickly as they were there, they were gone again. Pretty cool hunt though. Now I'm at the office....boo!

Looks like after tomorrow's weather moves through the next 4-5 days are going to be pretty much perfect. Can't wait to get a couple all-day sits in on my lease.

overactor and bry2211 like this.
  10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the guy I'm chasing at home. Started getting pics of him around 10/20 and he never left. He's been on camera every day or two pretty regularly, including Saturday night just after dark.

STC_0220.JPG

11. R22

R22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a nice buck for sure!

I'm planning on heading out in the AM and then again in the afternoon. Perfect wind. 20 degrees or colder. Chance of snow. I've got a feeling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bry2211, HuntinKB51 and Justin like this.
  12. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! Keep us posted.

13. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a better weekend, saw several small bucks seeking and grunting. Passed a 2yr old 9pt. I was rained out on Sunday so had to cut the hunt short. Weather and wind looks much better for me this weekend, fingers crossed that the bigger guys are moving and not locked down

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    bry2211, overactor and HuntinKB51 like this.
  14. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wind has finally switched to a favorable direction for our WI property! Pressure is up temp is down! Looks like ALOT of hours in the woods the next three days! Walk in in the dark, walk out in the dark! Unless? Good luck everybody, this is what we've been waiting for!

bry2211, Blarney22 and Logman like this.
  15. R22

R22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It was about 20 degrees with a 15-20 mph wind. Light snow. Didn't see anything til I was driving away. Had to go put some tires on, now to go vote, eat some dinner and hopefully head back out. Its snowing good now. Man I want to get a big buck on the ground! Or at least see one!!

16. R22

R22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bumped a small buck walking back in this afternoon. Did some blind calling. Then rattled. 5 minutes went by and I turned my head from the north to south and a different small 7 ran in and stopped at 5 yards. He checked things out for a little bit but never spotted me. Eventually moved on.

Then I was gonna start packing up and I saw a buck about 150-200 yards out. The binos said he wasn't a shooter, but I wanted to test him out anyways so I grunted and he turned and slowly came my way. Eventually walked under me, licked my ladder, and gave me multiple shot opportunities. If he wouldn't have been missing half of his rack, it would've been a tough pass.

All in all, not too bad. I enjoyed the encounters.

Justin, bry2211 and Blarney22 like this.
  17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning and didn't see jack! A coon, some wood ducks and a bunch of squirrels. Working the rest of the day and then taking off for my lease tonight. Going to sit all day tomorrow in a nice funnel that connects two different ridges. Conditions are going to be just about perfect so I'm hoping for a good hunt.

18. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Justin, I'll be out Fri - Sun. Weather is ideal, I'm just hoping the bucks in my area are not locked down. I don't have much luck on our property after this weekend

19. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a very eventful day yesterday in WI! Started out slow but WOW, the chase period of the rut is on in SW WI! Son saw a little guy following a doe early in the am then another basket eight. Then nothing for quite awhile, wind was brutal straight in the face on both stands we were in. We decided to change stands around 9, Logan went to a stand in the bottom, I went to a ground blind on a ridge in the SE corner of the property. Nothing for a couple hours then all hell broke loose! Heard some noise and grunting when here comes a doe with a buck ten yards behind her and another buck 20 yards behind him going at Mach speed ten feet from the blind! They go along the ridge, down in the bottom, back up to the top and back in front of the blind. For the next hour there were bucks chasing does everywhere! Saw at least 8 or 10 different bucks chasing does, mostly multiple bucks on each doe. Finally had doe stop close to the blind with a nice 8, in the rush to shoot before they took off again I had to lean over to shoot, hit the mesh! No idea where the arrow went(nowhere near the deer!). Glad of that! Never did find the arrow,even with illuminated nock. Saw another 2 or 3 bucks cruising after that. Did see one of our BIG boys about 100 yds on the next ridge. Most of the bucks I saw chasing seemed to be on the younger side, nice deer but not the big ones. What a great sit! Plus pulled the cards and they are full of bucks! Headed back up!!!

bry2211 and Blarney22 like this.
  20. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Keep on them Bruce

HuntinKB51 likes this.