Tommy

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Dstever33, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Dstever33

Dstever33 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I seen in the last episode Tommy looks like he is wearing the Hydrothermal waterproof insulated bibs. Not sure if he uses the fourm, but just wondering how he likes them and how warm they are.

2. Brad Kaufmann

Brad Kaufmann Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, he was using the Hydrotherm bibs, but I don't think he uses the forum at all. He's sort of "technologically challenged" so he doesn't even like using his cellphone for things other than calling and texting. I actually just got those bibs for my dad. Hasn't used them yet, but they seem really nice so far. Sizing is a little bigger than expected, but the full length leg zippers and the soft, water resistant fabric looks nice. I'll let you know how they are once we get to test them out a bit.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same bibs and they seem warm, but it hasn't been cold enough for me to wear them yet. Probably another few weeks before I break the cold weather gear out. It's been a pretty mild October for the most part.

4. Dstever33

Dstever33 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, Would you say they are warmer then the Revenant pant? or about the same?

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say about the same - the benefit of the Hydrotherm is that they're waterproof where the Revenant isn't. I'm usually wearing bibs late season with snow on the ground and wet treestand seats so I like the waterproof bottoms. My current plan is Revenant jacket on top and those bibs on the bottom. I have the Revenant pants as well so I'll give them a try, but IMO you just can't beat a nice set of bibs when it's really cold out.