Moultrie A30 Cameras

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by BlueCopper, Oct 30, 2018.

1. BlueCopper

BlueCopper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to post here to inform anyone that may be considering one of these cameras. I own 2 of them simply because they were cheap, about $80 each with a memory card and batteries. Both cameras perform exactly the same.

Today I pulled a camera that had been posted outside a bedding area since Oct 9th. The card contained 3285 pictures. 8 of the pictures were of deer and the rest were simply grass moving. The camera had been 30-40 feet from the nearest tree yet the pictures appear as if the camera was 5 feet away as they are extremely zoomed in. It was approximately 6 feet off the ground with no grass anywhere near the camera.

The other camera had been in the corner of a field about 8 feet off the ground. The card from this camera contained 4637 pictures of nothing and 5 pictures of deer. Again all of the pictures are so zoomed in that none of the pictures were much good anyway. My cousin has a Wildgame Innovations camera sitting right next to mine. I would consider these to be a pretty low quality camera however, his camera shows deer coming through this corner every day and the picture quality is far better than the Moultrie.

Sorry I have no pictures to show as examples. I was pretty frustrated after clicking through all of those pictures and I deleted everything before deciding to type this. I just wanted to let others know of my experience so that they do not make the same mistake I did. Not sure what my next cameras will be but I do know they will not be Moultrie.

2. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one Moultrie A-30. I do not have that same problem with it but it does not work when it gets below about 25 degrees.

I have several of the Moultrie M series and have never had a problem with any of the M series in the years I have used them.