Revenge of the 5th. Team 5 Official thread.

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Okiebob, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And I got busted.. wind died out and a buck blew until he crashed off through the woods. Was worried it was the big one but snuck around and pulled the card in a camera that sits on that trail and it was just a little 8. Still not happy about being blown at..

Shocker99 likes this.
  2. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gelling blessed tonight and finally can contribute to the team. Two cents into the plot and I smoked the closest one. Went 20 yards and piled up. Thankful for some action as it has been pretty quiet this year. IMG_20181023_194601110.jpeg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Big Dan! We need to start piling up the does. My vacation starts tomorrow afternoon when I get off work. You’ve inspired me to get after a doe this weekend.

4. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had 4 bucks in range tonight but no shooters. As you could probably see the corn is still standing so it was going to have to be a wall hanger for me to shoot one. I'm too darn old for a half mile drag through corn.

There is a front moving through tomorrow evening so I'll be in the woods again. Hoping they will pick corn before I get there.

Twice tonight I had small bucks on does. It's getting close!!!

Okiebob likes this.
  5. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

6. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been working on getting stuff done around the house and haven’t been putting any time into the woods, but that’s all about to change. As of yesterday, all the corn is out now, and I’ll be hitting up some different spots. I’ll probably be taking a few days off of work next week as well

7. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Bigdan!

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Dan! We need all the does we can get

9. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    It started hitting me yesterday at work. I thought it was just fatigue from hunting/working/Halloween parties with not enough sleep. My body felt heavy and I struggled through the day at work. Went to Urgent care to get that swab jammed up my sinus cavity. I think she pierced my frontal lobe. Turns out I have some nasty virus. Thankfully it’s not the flu. It still has me in bed though. No work, lots of Gatorade, Motrin and Tylenol till this fever breaks. Gotta get rested up and better to hunt this weekend!

Okiebob likes this.
  10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you get to feeling better sooner than later. At least have time to catch up on some BHOD episodes!

Shocker99 likes this.
  11. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading back out tonight, sitting in a different stand. Last night was the first time I have been busted in a long while and am still a little pissed about it. Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk.

pastorbigdan likes this.
  12. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Get out there and get em! Let that other spot cool down for awhile nothing’s lost

13. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    Man I hate being sick, hope you get to feeling better. I saw 4 does tonight cutting through the neighbors pasture. Then I got trapped in the tree by a skunk. Can’t wait for this weekend, may even take Monday off too!

Shocker99 likes this.
  14. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    Saw two does and a small 8, hunted a spot I have yet to hunt this year. Sort of went in blind based off of last years sign and didn’t really see anything to get excited about. Passed on this buck. He didn’t have a tail! Two does came off of the ridge and I had all intentions of setting an arrow free, but they saw that buck and skirted around. I’ll be super stoked if I kill a buck in two or three years with no tail![​IMG]

Shocker99, pastorbigdan and drenman like this.
  15. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Spent the day yesterday waterfowl hunting since it was our opener in my zone. Had a good time with friends. Killed a couple geese and a few ducks. Wanted to deer hunt this morning but man this virus is still kicking my ass! i slept in today to recharge might get a sit in this evening if this wind dies down a little

Okiebob and slickbilly-d like this.
  16. slickbilly-d

Dislikes Received:
    I know were supposed to be stacking up does, but this one is the only one that seems to be holding this bedding area down. But I thought maybe I could get and extra 50 points for an elbow drop? [​IMG]

17. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted yesterday morning. Temps have gone back up into the high 70's so I am waiting it out. Going back out this evening for a short sit. Did find a sweet lions mane mushroom yesterday. 20181027_092120.jpg

Shocker99 and slickbilly-d like this.
  18. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had my Georgia trip about a week ago, seen a handful of does but no shots, no buck activity although the weather was perfect! Was going to run up to Georgia for Halloween but the weather looks to hot for it to be worth it so my next trip is looking to be Kentucky on the 10th!

Shocker99, pastorbigdan and MSBK1 like this.
  19. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Daytime movement has been abysmal last few days and it’s gonna be a little warmer still over the next few days so I’m gonna go in to work and save a couple vacation days for later on.

I did do a little detective work today via some extra cameras that I had put out and found where 2 of my shooters had relocated to the other side of the farm (presumably to better acorn availability). They won’t be easy to hunt over there even if they do start moving more in daylight but it’s still better than me sitting 1000 yards away scratching my head. I have exactly one set of daylight pictures of each of them in the last 2 weeks. They’ve just got to get on their feet in daylight more often to increase my odds.

Shocker99 and Okiebob like this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had three does and four fawns come into the plot yesterday evening. Was hoping a few bucks would step out but no such luck. So the one old nanny doe kept chasing a younger doe out of the plot, she would chase her up into the little bluestem and then into the woods. All the while the fawns and the other doe were just munching away. Sometimes I wonder why this old doe does this, it's not the first time I've watched her do this. Fun to watch nonetheless.

Shocker99 likes this.