The Hunting Public Part 2

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Siman/OH, Sep 28, 2018.

1. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought Aaron said something about that when he left. I can't find anything on the internet about it so maybe I'm thinking of something else but I thought I heard he sold a share

2. Hoytvectrix

Hoytvectrix Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know that at some point last year Aaron had said that they were into farming. I am not sure to what extent, but that may be partially how they pay for the Hunting Public. Also, their videos are monetized on YouTube. They are making some decent money off of that. I think the estimate earlier of about $1000 an episode is about right.

I am really hoping that they go with something like Patreon instead of picking up advertisers. The fact that they aren't pushing one product or another is reason enough to watch them, let alone the amazing content they provide. I would totally be willing to pay $5-10/month if it meant keeping things just the way they are.

cantexian likes this.
  3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Certainly aren't paying for their hunting doing that!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My estimate was $1,000/month - not per episode. On the high side you're looking at $4 per 1,000 views for hunting content. So a 40,000 views episode maybe makes $160. Maybe.

I believe those guys do some video editing and work for some other companies/people to supplement their income. But again, my guess is you see more product and sponsorship coming the next year years. It's just not sustainable to do that type of hunting with that type of frequency without another source of income and YouTube isn't going to cut it.

I've seen a lot of partner/affiliate links in their video descriptions as well.

IMO nobody in the hunting industry is big enough or provides content that is so unique that Patreon is an option. People historically don't like to pay for things they can get for free somewhere else. And hunting content is abundant for free all over the place. While I like those guys a lot and I'm a frequent watcher of their show, I don't think they have enough of a draw to build a big enough audience to support all of them full-time. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Oh, and to the best of my knowledge Bill has not sold MW. Wouldn't surprise me if he did at some point, but I haven't heard anything that he has yet.

Siman/OH and _andrewgiles_sio like this.
  5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the insider update boss, you would know more so than anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk