How long to get first bow kill

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by yardgnome02, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I grew up hunting the mountains of NC too. Lol. Funny the deer I killed back then compared to what I hunt and see now. Self taught too. I made soooooo many mistakes with bow. I think it was 8 years before my first doe, but I wasnt able to hunt much back then. I'm 41 and I just now feel like I half way know what I'm doing and that has nothing to do with what the deer are doing. Getting close has been one difficulty. Having control over myself to settle and make a GOOD shot has been the biggest challenge. Everyone's situation is different and that impacts how long it takes. Stay positive, learn as much as possible, respect the animal, practice and learn. It will come.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Back in 1975 in northern Arkansas just seeing a deer was a good season. No feeders or even food plots and in our area no crops. Just browse and acorns and I knew where one of the first oaks to drop acorns. Boys got it a lot better these days with deer numbers and equipment.

3. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was really fortunate to tag a doe on opening morning of the first season I've ever hunted with a bow 4 seasons ago. Been lucky enough to have taken 4 deer in the last 3 years. Hopefully the success with a bow keeps coming my way this season!

4. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Year 2, I was 13 years old. Guessing it was my 2nd or 3rd hunt of the year. I didn't hunt much my 1st year. Maybe hunted a couple of times.