Side by sides

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kjstaudt86, Oct 13, 2018.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the market for a SXS and trying to get info. I'm torn between a Polaris ranger 900&1000 or the Honda pioneer 1000 deluxe. I'm pretty familiar with Polaris, but does anyone on this site drive the Hondas? Pros and cons would be appreciated!

2. Hall77

Hall77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My dad just got the pioneer 1000 we love it because it can haul 5 of us and it is quite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing that model has the seats that flip down into the cargo bed? I thought that option was pretty cool honestly. Did yall put any lift or anything on it or all stock?

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would take the Honda over the Polaris all day, it's a beast. No belt to worry about, much more reliable. I would take a look at the Yamaha Wolverine as well. They make a 850 now with the proven CVT transmission, great machine.
    I hear a lot of complaints about Polaris not honoring warranty issues.

5. TN TJ

TN TJ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a can am commander 800, only complaint is it gets hot in the summer time trail riding. Only a 2 seater.

6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would go with the Honda. They make the best engines.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

7. Ninepoint 91

Ninepoint 91 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have 2016 1000 with 2k miles only thing I can complain about is the 1,2,3 gear clutch went out on me but I knew that was coming it had a recall on it warranty covered all labor and parts great machine 3FB03EB9-6887-4932-8364-144B73A0064A.jpeg

8. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think of those two I'd go with the Honda.
    Personally, I'm probably going to go with a Kawasaki Mule Pro trans FXT. I was going to buy one this past spring but I ended up buying a second bigger tractor instead and waiting on the SXS. I'm anxious to see now if the newer model years have any significant improvements.

9. Hall77

Hall77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He put different wheels and tires but that is it. Yes the seats fold out of the cargo bed I seat comfortably back there I’m 6’3” 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. kjstaudt86

Dislikes Received:
    I thought about the mule fxt but the wife honestly didn't like the body style. Thing looks like a beast though! I think they also have the best warranty in the business of 3 years compared to everyone else at 1 year.

11. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love my Mule, no where near as fast as the others but it's a work horse and the bed size is awesome! Plus the best warranty and cheaper than the others.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CoveyMaster likes this.
  12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The mules I'm interested in have a top speed of like 45mph....it's not 60-70mph but 45 is usable. The models that had/have a top speed of 25mph are barely usable around very much ground, it's just way too slow. I'll be using mine around cattle a lot, carrying a lot of electric fence equipment and no telling what else. I need a big bed and a good capacity for passengers, probably not all at the same time. I'm sure they aren't for everyone but I think one of them will fit me right down to the ground.

We have two mules and two crew cab 800 polaris rangers. The rangers are 45mph top speed and the mules are 25mph (old models). The mules are a little tougher and built more solid feeling, the rangers are faster and ride a lot better but are stupid noisy and not very smooth operating. The trans beds on the mules are really nice. The newer mule Pro FXT's are a nice mix of both without the noise or jerky operation of the rangers. The only improvement the mules need really is a higher top speed. I actually kind of prefer the more utilitarian design of the Mule vs a modern speedcar like designs of the others. I need and want something more like a tough 4x4 work truck than a race car. It's also hard to not appreciate that warranty.