Cold weather gloves

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Gear' started by WestKYbowhunter64, Oct 13, 2018.

1. WestKYbowhunter64

WestKYbowhunter64 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been looking online at bunch of different brands of gloves. Question for you bow hunters out there. Whats the best gloves yall have found for late season bow hunting? I only hunt from a treestand an havent ever had any luck keeping my hands or my feet warm. I always wear my LaCrosse alphaburly boots. You fellas that also wear rubber boots which boots/socks do yall wear to keep your feet warm while stand hunting or blind hunting? I really appreciate it fellas!!

Bigtine likes this.
  2. Kilted warrior

Kilted warrior Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting in Ohio I use a 2 sets of gloves. For my bow hand i have a mitten style that way my fingers pull heat from each other. For my release hand i use a lighter fingered glove but also use a hand pouch that clips around the waist. I put a hot hand inside it and that way i can keep my release hand warm. As far as boots i wear the 800 gram alpha burly with a pair of wool socks. Once in stand i have a pair of boot covers i slide over the boot. They are made a boot warmers and do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

WestKYbowhunter64 likes this.
  3. Clearedhot1

Clearedhot1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Northern IL treestand here. I use a cabelas Wooltimate goose down hand muff with a hand warmer inside of it. On my skin I use merino liner gloves with the First Lite fingerless wool gloves over them. Pretty good setup and I still have dexterity when out of the muff.

My feet are still an experiment. This year I got some Lacrosse Aeros that I plan on running with thermacell insoles and a couple layers of merino wool socks. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  5. WestKYbowhunter64

WestKYbowhunter64 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate te help fellas. My LaCrosse boots are older so im thinkin its time for a new pair! Lol. Has any of you fellas ever tried any of the heated socks, gloves, or base layers they havr out now? Ive saw online several different brands of heated base layers an mid layer jackets thats battery powered. Just wondered if the socks or gloves or base layers was worth the money

6. Kilted warrior

Kilted warrior Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Never had luck with the heated socks. It has been years since so maybe they have improved. My issues with them is once you get all your gear on and have them on you cannot turn off. So they will warm you and could make your feet sweat even more. Thats why i just went with the boot blankets for long stand sits. I can reach down un zip them and take them off. They are huge though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wear the same gloves all season, camo Mechanic band gloves from Menards. I wear a muff around my waist to warm my hands as it gets colder I add had warmers to the muff. Perfect solution for me. Still trying to figure out the foot thing