The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    maybe for you. Not for me. It might not stave it off completely (sometimes it does) but it almost always shortens them by a couple days at least and alleviates symptoms for the duration. I guarantee if I don't take anything it will turn into a sinus infection.

And if it's all mental then I'll take that, too. I'm a miserable wretch when I have any sort of upper respiratory infection.

2. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love sports, I love that my kids play sports, but sometimes people drive me nuts.

So Sunday was the big showdown between my sons team(undefeated) and the other undefeated team in the league. You can tell our coach wants to win this league. He coaches to win the games and I really like that about him. Sunday coach and I hit a snag, my son is the middle defender, he plays the entire game and he's pretty good. Well my son and I have had a beef about getting things ready and keeping his gear in the bag, etc. We show up at 9:15 am for the 10:00 am. At 9:17 am my son states "Dad I forgot my shoes", I replied "Well go sit your ass on the bench and enjoy watching the game". The coach walk by and I told him the deal. About 5 mins later coach came back and ask if we can get him shoes can he play, I replied with a no. The coach left only to return 5 mins later and ask why am I punishing his team. I replied, I am not punishing your team, go to the the kid who forget his shoes after being told twice to get his soccer bag ready. Then the club president came to me and ask how we could get my son to play. Again I replies with a "No, he's not playing he's going to learn a hard lesson today"

Well the team lost and now everyone hates me, lol . After the game my son said " Dad I learned my lesson". I'll say the shoes have been in the bag, last night he got all his gear ready for the tourney this weekend and I did not say diddle to him.

The club and parents blame me for the lost, oh well.

3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

you Sir, are a conundrum.
    Way to stand up to the mob. Wish everyone would teach their kids that irresponsibility has consequences for them -and- others. Well done.

JGD likes this.
  4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously well done! Life lessons always come at a cost. The only thing I would have done different is work in the phrase "Put yourself in my shoes" a few times. Lol!

5. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh that's good

Okiebob and w33kender like this.
  6. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:

took me a minute to get what you did there...only half my brain working today; the other half is focused on packing and being in the stand tomorrow AM!

Okiebob likes this.
  7. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You did the right thing. And the club and their ****** parents don't have to raise your kid and be known for how he turns out as a human being in life. Your commands will resonate in his ears for years to come as having consequences.

Okiebob likes this.
  8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well done. My dad did something similiar to me once in a high school football game. I played the game but I had to wear my workout shoes on an artificial turf field. We were two hours from home, coach tried to get my dad to go buy me new cleats before the game. My dad just laughed and said no. I learned my lesson.

9. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't he just play in the shoes he wore to the game?

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Flip flops

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First fire in the insert tonight, crap 6 more months of burning till spring.

12. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    dnoodles, MnHunterr and cantexian like this.
  13. Ninepoint 91

Ninepoint 91 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    When idiots drive with there hazards on in the rain on the interstate going 50 or less. And won’t get over in the slow lane........ So the rest of us can carry on with our day at a reasonable pace.

cantexian and w33kender like this.
  14. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ah gotcha.

15. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    My rant in cliffs form
    -Wiscohunter scouts really hard and spends an inordinate amount of time picking out spot, putting up ladder stand, clearing lanes, putting up a rubbing tree/licking branch., plants winter rye/brassica mix (doesn't grow)
    -WH puts out camera and gets a lot of pictures and 2-3 shooter bucks show up consistently.
    - father-in law (whose land I hunt) shows pictures of bucks to his nephews (neither of which bow hunt)
    - nephews are all of a sudden bow hunters and without telling anyone put a blind up ~50 yards from WH's tree stand smack dab on a deer trail.
    - Deer pics are cut in half, bucks are gone.
    - OP is sad.

dnoodles and w33kender like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never ever share trail cam pics, especially with your inlaws.

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That sort of intel is on a "Need to know basis"...

18. Wiscohunter

Dislikes Received:
    Usually I agree, but it is his land and he gun hunts and likes checking cams/looking at pics with me. But, I have no idea why he would show the pics to other people.

19. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My bride went out to lunch and shopping with her mom. She got up and went to the restroom while her mom stayed at table. A nicely dressed older couple of women saw my wife with her tattoo-sleeved arms and gave judgmental shaking of the head and rolling of the eyes. They then bowed their heads and prayed before beginning to eat. My MIL reported all this after they left the restaurant to avoid a scene.

Pro tip from a former evangelical and now atheist: if you're going to "hate" your neighbor, don't bother thanking your god for your meal. Your scriptures teach whores and thieves will enter the kingdom of god before you.

20. Ks.hunter

Ks.hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    True story along with yours: I am pretty much covered in tattoos (each their own). I am short and stout (former power lifter). I understand that I am not the friendliest looking person. The other day a older gentleman was at the toll booth which is self pay. He was there a while. cars lining up behind him. I was the third truck back from him. I got out to go see if I could help. He seen me and got in his car and locked the door. When I asked him if he needed help, he cracked the window and said that he lost his money and his card wouldn't work. I payed his toll and the arm went up. His wife and him both said "god bless you". I said " god had nothing to do with it". I know we have to be careful in todays world, but good people are good people and they come in every shape and size.