Millenium Seat on a Lone Wolf Hang on

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KDORSETT12, May 11, 2017.

1. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at buying a hang-on stand for this fall. I love the design on the Lone Wolf Assault for its platform being cast aluminum, self leveling. versa button, tree straps and sticks but I love the seat on the millennium M100u. Comfort being a big deciding factor, I am definitely leaning towards the M100u.

I was wondering if it would be possible and safe if done right to buy both stands, and swap the seats and come out with (what I would imagine) a ultimate stand of the Lone Wolf Assault with a millennium seat and an extra stand putting together the M100u with the lone wolf seat? Maybe I'm just dreaming but interested in y'alls thoughts. Thanks.

santiago0072002 likes this.
  2. santiago0072002

santiago0072002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have wondered the same thing. I wish Lone Wolf would still sell the Assassin. Or even just a platform by it self. Millennium sells the M300 tree seat. I wish there was a way to combine both too.The assassin no longer in sale with the M300 or something like it will be nice. The Rachet strap though i would change it to a versa button kind of set up though. I even hear that the seat from the m100 it is hands down the most comfortable seat that there it is but who knows; dreaming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna guess that it won't be long before LW offers that sling seat style.

4. OakFlats273

OakFlats273 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was in the same dilemma.. liked the lone wolf assault but wanted something a bit more comfortable for seating. I ended up calling Millennium and buying their M7 "seat assembly." This contained just the seat frame with the fabric on it and the two bolts, one that attached the seat to the post and one that kept the seat from swinging all the way down.

I had to do some modifications, but in the end, it worked great! I have yet to sit on it in a tree, but know it will sit great! It sounds like a lot of work, but if you are just patient with it, it will pay off, I promise. I have yet to weigh the complete setup, but it certainly seems lighter. Bear with me below and check the pictures out.

I drilled a new hole where the Millinneum bracket would mount lower on the seat post. This hole also had to sit further forward on the seat post in order to hinge correctly. (the seat platform on it actually sits higher than the bracket, unlike the lone wolf seat). Where the bolt that stops the seat against the post hits, I drilled a hole and put a bolt through with a nut on the head side (front of the seat post) and a wing nut on the back side. Thin rubber washers next to the seat post on both sides to reduce noise. This bolt allows me to adjust the seat. (This is going to be a trial and error piece though as I'm not sure of the extent of adjustability of the seat.)

I then cut the seat post short enough where ther millinneum seat can hinge up and stay up.
    IMG_2572.JPG IMG_2573.JPG IMG_2574.JPG

Incog, KDORSETT12 and 95grvrMotive6 like this.
  5. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is awesome! So did you stay with the Lone wolf bracket that sticks to the tree or did you switch to the Millennium receiver style bracket? How much was just the seat assembly from Millennium, if you don't mind me asking?

6. OakFlats273

OakFlats273 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It currently does not have the bracket from Lonewolf or the piece Millenium uses. The lonewolf bracket will have to be mounted a little lower than the top Versa button. I always find that it pulls away from the tee anyway once I'm in it. I don't plan on using the Millenium bracket though at all.

The seat assembly from Millenium is the M7 seat which I find plenty big enough. It is $45 I believe and it was $15 to ship to Arkansas. That's all I spent on the modification. I had everything else. I can send more specific pics if you'd like also.

7. gvdocholiday

gvdocholiday Newb

Dislikes Received:
    More pics and close ups please.

early in likes this.
  8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sorry that lone wolf cant design a decent seat. The consensus is that they suck and I agree.

early in likes this.
  9. OakFlats273

OakFlats273 Newb

Dislikes Received:

10. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree as well, and I'm a looong time LW fan. I deal with it though, because of how quiet, sturdy, and light weight they are. :tu:

11. OakFlats273

OakFlats273 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here you go man. It’s pretty simple to do. May add a small amount of weight, but much more comfortable.

Attached Files:

early in, Scott/IL and cdemarse like this.
  12. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Lone Wolf, and would have several more if they had a better seat. For now though, I’ll stick with the stealth of running and gunning with it and use my Millenniums for pre set hang one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstephens61 likes this.
  13. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great job! :tu: