Moultrie D35 “card” error

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by L.I. BOW, Oct 4, 2018.

1. L.I. BOW

L.I. BOW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up guys. At a loss here. My D 35 is showing card on the screen. The SDcard is a 16g standard sandisk. Camera has had film update. I tried 6 different cards and I’m getting the error with all of them. Was on hold with Moultrie for 40 minutes and am currently waiting on a call back. Hoping someone has had this issues and resolved it. This camera was out for 3 months with a modem with no problems. Only thing I did was pull the cam, erase in exFAT and then turn on cam. Thanks in advance.

2. ksandman

ksandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would check the write speed on the SD card. For example, my 4k drone I have to use a UHS 3 or 30mb/s minimum. If I used this card in a trail camera, it would not work. I have found the cheaper the SD card the better for trail cam use class 2 or 4. Here is a link below on how to find that info. All depends on the trail camera too as they vary a lot in resolution and whatnot.

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/speed_class/

3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Blow hard into the slot. Lick then wipe the card contacts.

4. L.I. BOW

L.I. BOW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going back and formatting the SR cards in MS-DOS(fat). For some reason Moultrie doesn’t like ExFat. This is from my Mac. I reformatted my cards and the cam is working good.

Ksandman...all my cards are standard Sandisk 16 gig cards. No high speed. No 4K. I’ve been running cans for a long time and have learned that lesson already. Thank you for the heads up though. I appreciate it. Just when you think you have everything dialed in you learn something new. Thanks again guys.