Crossbows - Which one do you have???

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by jazzlawson, Jun 6, 2009.

1. rangerj

rangerj Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the Centerpoint better for it's speed and it is not as wide as the Parker but that is all.Both are good bows

2. randy3003

randy3003 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2 years ago I bought one of the last predator's produced ( after a nine model year run ) and I really like the dependability, speed (375), power stroke (16") and kenetic energy(133). Mine has all the updates and is pretty quiet with the avi limbs. If there's a down side to the predator it's the weight (9 lbs), which doesn't bother me as I shoot off shooting sticks due to surgeries anyway. The only thing I've done is upgrade the red dot sight it came with to a 4X32 lighted sight, and went to Easton bloodline arrows for the added weight (10.5grins). Awesome combination that in 2 years has taken 8 public land deer (all pass throughs). I also like that it has an adjustable stock length as well as an adjustable cheek well IMG_20171007_1542217_rewind.jpg

3. TeamOkie918

TeamOkie918 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1048.jpeg I'm new to the crossbow side of bowhunting as well. I looked at a lot of different entry model xbos, and finally settled on the Center Point Sniper 370. I've yet to take a deer witth it, but I really like how it shoots while at the range sighting it in. 370 (+/=) fps, illuminated scope, and the only downfall was the bolts that came with it, but the Zombie Slayers shoot really well out of this bow. Good luck in your search!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. SsgBowhunter

SsgBowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a PSE Invictus and like it. I had a Parker buckmaster before that and it was nice too. The PSE has a lifetime warranty and is easy to cock, accurate and compact. As long as it is reliable and accurate, get which one you like the best and call it good!

5. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My 12yr Old Son has a Barnett GameCrusher we got for him for Christmas 2 seasons ago, for a youngster it’s a quality Bow and priced excellent for entry level imho

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is my very first crossbow-a Horton Storm RDX.

AshAid likes this.
  7. MK111

MK111 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I also have the Horton RDX with the crank cocking. I swear by it and would buy another one.

pastorjim08 likes this.
  8. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sold my Barnett Jackel last year as I ran across a real nice Barnett Vengeance with a dozen new Extreme arrows. Bow had just been upgraded with the new string stoppers, cable and strings. The reverse draw has better balance, bit lighter but not noticeable, shoots very accurate and narrower so goes out doors and through the timber much easier.

9. cdemarse

cdemarse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be dabbling with crossbows this season too. Just picked up a Barnett Whitetail Pro STR. Mainly going to use it as my Run n Gun public land setup.

TeamOkie918 likes this.
  10. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a Stryker 380 loved it. after my shoulder surgeries were very successful traded for a G5 Prime Defy bow , just love shooting bows. But just had to have a Ravin R9 waiting to take first deer with it . Great Crossbow a little spendy though. Super accurate to 100 yds and beyond. Deer shots to 60 yds with confidence.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  11. Dodge

Dodge Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have been in the crossbow addiction for few yrs now. Bought a Scorpyd this yr & love it. Absolute quality!! Extremely accurate, balanced well. Whatever you choose, get some quality arrows, indexed, wieght matched. Makes all the difference. You can have the best bow there is but unless you have some quality arrows you will not get accuracy or consistency.

12. afishhunter

afishhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    TenPoint Titan SS