Team 22 Earn It

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Hall77, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw 2 doe, but it's still to hot at night. I'll maybe take a doe this weekend if it get cooler out.

2. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man cooling off should be moving for you, good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Less than 24hrs!!
    [​IMG]

Aaron Jones likes this.
  4. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    October 1st here boys and girls! Still another 10 days, counting the seconds!!

5. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out Sat and Sun evenings! Looking for a doe if I get a chance especially Saturday night. Weather really cooled down today with high winds(wish I could have hunted, but did familiy stuff which was great). Good Luck if you going out!

buckhunter217 and Aaron Jones like this.
  6. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All packed and ready to go, at least I think I am. Going in light, bow/water/harness/snacks. Going to try and sit until noon, but doubtful I'll make it that long. Periodic rain and full moon, ill make the best of it, wife has work in the PM, so I'll be on dad patrol in the afternoon.
    Sunday is open, but shouldn't need it because I'll have a great morning tomorrow!

buckhunter217 and Aaron Jones like this.
  7. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This cool weather has me all pumped up. Let’s get some points guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Aaron Jones likes this.
  8. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in a tree. Hopefully a good night, nice cool breeze good luck everyone.

Aaron Jones and bowhunt4abuck like this.
  9. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    Well I’m crazy(and maybe a little dumb lol) so I decided to drive a hour and a half to do a quick scout on that public land next to the house we are in the process of buying. I just scout the little square half mile that is right next to my house and boy am I happy with what I saw. I got within 20 yards of a fawn just out of spots which was cool. And while it’s all sand so I’m sure they last forever there was tracks everywhere. Some big ones too. It’s mostly all y’all pine trees but on the edge of where I scouted they had obviously planted a lot of oaks and I found some that were for sure holding the smallest acorns I have ever seen. And without going into that part yet I could see it was full of those oaks. I also found a hole in the big timber pine area that was growing up like a clear cut that I jumped a bedded deer out of. Didn’t see it but sounded big and alone. Its definitely a different area than it used to hunting but there are deer there for sure. Found a big scrape a half mile from my hopefull house! I’m gona have a lot of scouting to do this winter.

View attachment 86529 View attachment 86530 View attachment 86531 View attachment 86532 View attachment 86533

And cactus. Lol

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  10. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I picked up my bow last Wednesday. It was perfect and he kinda pissed me off messing with my strings and stuff, but I got it all fixed up and shooting great. Today was opening day for me but it stormed and rained all day. I don’t think I will be able to start hunting until Tuesday. Looking forward to it guys!!

11. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Hunt Update.... I did have a doe in bow range, but I was unprepared and she walked by quickly so I messed that up. A young buck followed after her by a few minutes I was ready for him, but he got a pass.

Aaron Jones likes this.
  12. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to you hear your back in the game, so In your opinion Bowtech took care of your issue?

Aaron Jones likes this.
  13. buckhunter217

buckhunter217 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Little over a week left till opener for me. I'm def ready tho. Good luck guys!

14. Aaron Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely took care of it. They replaced the limbs and a few other parts like the roller guard assembly. The new parts look like they are great quality. Bowtech got the parts ordered and shipped in a timely matter. All said and down it was done in 2 and a half weeks.
    With that all said, time will tell if the new parts are actually better quality. I truly have shot my bow thousands of times without a single issue before my limbs broke. So we will see how the new parts hold up.
    The only thing I did not like was that I had to go through an authorized dealer. The shop that I had to go to had complete idiots working it. The tech messed with my cables and took of my string silencers on one side. He also put my cables on the reverse way then they should have been. I built and designed my strings that way. He also took off my limb dampeners. Then he started talking to me about all the other stuff with the bow and I forgot to get the limb dampeners back. Ultimately, I wished Bowtech would have been able to send the parts straight to me so I could have replaced everything myself. After I got back from the shop, I went ahead and fixed it like it was suppose to be and tuned up.
    Overall I am happy with how it has turned out and it is shooting just as great as ever. Ready to put down some more deer with it! Come on Tuesday!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  15. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear I love my Bowtech(same bow as yours) I'm glad they are standing by there product. That being said, the wife let me sneak out tonight, I bumped a deer going in and had a doe at 60 to minutes before dark. Nice peaceful sit. I also checked a camera this morning on my run. Only small bucks on public ground. Lots of action but nothing i'd shoot so that spot is a bust. I have 2 cameras to get back out doing work for me.

Aaron Jones likes this.
  16. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, Someone is going to shoot this deer. I hope it’s me or my grandfather. IMG_0775.jpeg IMG_0776.jpeg

17. Aaron Jones

Dislikes Received:
  18. Aaron Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I am finally in a tree. I am on an observation sit over looking some really thick bedding. Hoping to see some movement but nothing yet.

grommel and blackbear like this.
  19. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    919D68B4-22AC-43C8-BA54-761C35674610.jpeg Scrape tree I made recently out of a fallen elm trunk and some red oak branches. I just bored some 3/4 holes with a drill and used deck screws to secure branches. I used a post hole digger to place in 25 yards from my elevated blind in the main food plot. I have a scrape dripper with powerscrape hanging. Can’t wait to see if I get any bucks to take over. My cam is set to video. We’ll see...

grommel and Aaron Jones like this.
  20. Aaron Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Saw nothing this morning other than some cows. At least I did gain the information that there are cows on the neighboring property of the public land I hunt. Nothing was moving at all. I was sure that I would see something moving in the thick stuff but I guess not. I bet there is still a big boy still in there somewhere

grommel likes this.