Korean style bow

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by Okiebob, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious if anyone has one or any advice. Thinking about buying a Samick SKB korean style bow just because I hear they are fun to shoot and maybe even try a thumb ring. Just a shooting bow so I figure 35# will do.

2. Artem256

Artem256 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tried thumbring with my mongolian...... I couldnt get accurate with thumbring to save my soul. Lol I need to try it in a larger area, so if a arrow goes a stray, it doesnt end up in my neighbor’s back yard.

Okiebob likes this.
  3. wannabe hunter

wannabe hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not the SKB, but the Nomad KTB, and slightly cheaper "Forever Carbon" bows from "White Feather".
    I shoot thumb draw style, drawing back behind the ear - which is about 31" ... 32" for me.
    And I never got use to solid thumb rings, I have a self-made leather protection which works fine for me.
    For the longer draw, you need much less draw weight to get the same energy. The power stroke is 25" with my KTB (31" - 6"), but only 18,5" (26,5" - 8") for my recurve.

After about one year, I could keep up with other instinctive shooters quite well, I did some 3D tournaments.
    The only thing (at least here in Europe) is, very few tournaments have a horsebow class, or are even prepared to assign said bows to a proper class.
    Competing in the BHR class with carbon arrows and shelf is a bit difficult ...

Okiebob likes this.