Browning trail cameras

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by hunterman927, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First Browning Trail Cam and is a StrikeForce HD. Pics are decent, and much better than my Moultrie 990 i's

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bunch of cameras and Browning is to me like my glock....i never have to worry if it will work and do it's job.

3. hammer40330

hammer40330 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Did you ever use solar panel? How did it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. blinginpse

blinginpse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like you have many Brownings myself. I've found my 2 favorites and that's what I continue to get.

That said, the stealth ds4k has my attention

5. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have my two favorites. Browning spec ops extreme and the Stealth ds4k. My Reconyx xr6's are my oldest and workhorses of my stable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. blinginpse

blinginpse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I sent you a message the other day on AT I think it was wanting to ask you about the stealth.

I too like the extremes. Just picked up 3 more. I have had good luck with the dark ops line too. Dear lord though that new hd pro and pro xd SUCKS! Let me repeat. FRIGGIN SUCKS. Nothing will beat the reconyxs but I didn't like bears beating the crap out of them.

What can you tell me on the stealth cams? Pm if you rather.

7. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sent PM.

8. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Sorry to say that I just got it out this past week. It's about a 3.5 hour drive to where it's at and I just kept putting off going there. I hooked it to a Stealthcam GXW wirelesss so I'm hoping it helps it to last longer than the three months I was getting out of the lithium batteries I was using.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

9. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Update on my camera... they emailed me saying there isn’t anything wrong with it. We shared information back and forth which helped neither of us lol. I went and pulled my other browning so we can have a phone conversation on how I’m setting them up compared to how they do it. Hopefully Monday I’ll have a update so I can put this post to rest.

10. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    ***Update***

So I was playing around with my other Browning while I was waiting on this phone call. I purchased a couple new SD cards just to eliminate the possibility of bad cards. Low and behold, TLS files appeared but the player wouldn’t play them. After a uninstall and reinstall of the program, I now have a time lapse camera. When I put the old SD cards in, I guess the camera just doesn’t recognize them or maybe the cards are going bad or to old? I don’t know. They are exactly the same, only difference is, is the age. I guess I’ll buy all new cards.

Fix likes this.
  11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cards are always suspect 1

12. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I learned that a long time ago. That's why I only use Sandisk. They work in everything.

13. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’m a big fan of their trail cameras. I just found a dark ops I put out on nov 2nd. It took over 400 videos between Nov 2 and the end of May. Not bad for sitting out all winter on 6 lithium batteries that weren’t new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bouncing this back to the top. Have any of the Browning users noticed a drop in quality?

I have had zero issues with my older Brownings, but I just upgraded to a couple of the strike force HDs and have had nothing but problems with them. About to send in for my third fix.

15. Mpeck2892

Mpeck2892 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What problems are you having, I was excited to get the strike force hd, been out maybe 2 months now, checked it last week and the lcd screen was on when I opened it, turned it off and I had pics on the card and up to date with me walking up to it, turned it back on and I couldnt get any of the menus to come up, I pulled the batteries and put them back in, but still no menus. Batteries are good at 90%. I left it out for now, but thinking I’ll have to see about sending it in.

16. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I too have the strike force hd. I have three and have only had problems with one, but the other two are on public so who knows if they're even working.

But the first problem I had was it would drain the batteries in a day or two. So then I sent in for a return and the most recent one has a white screen when you turn it on and nothing else. Tried taking batteries/card out and still comes up with white screen when turning on. Still waiting to hear back from them about this one.

As for the design itself, the camera always has water laying in the door part. Along with that, I don't like that they don't have a place for a padlock anymore.

17. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My spec ops extreme cams are great with no issues. Still the best day videos and fastest video trigger speed out there.

18. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    I haven’t had any issues since I sent my camera in. Funny part about all of this is my old SD cards are working in them now..... I hate technology sometimes lol. Good luck with y’all cameras. I hope they get straightened out. One thing is for sure, Brownings customer service is the best I’ve ever dealt with.