Rubber Boots - Which to Get

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Team Haastyle, Sep 5, 2018.

1. PreacherMan76

PreacherMan76 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have wore muck boots for a few years now. This year i bought a pair of xtra tuff rubber boots. Its the ones they wear on deadliest catch and Alaska the last frontier. They are very comfortable and we will find out how warm they are.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. buckhunter217

buckhunter217 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Lacrosse boots for me. I have 4 pairs uninsulated up to 1600 gram. I've found the arrowhead 3.5 are a good all around boot for me.

3. Dan Boedigheimer

Dan Boedigheimer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Same as Ranbo, Rut Master 2.0 . Great boot. Comfortable for the first two months of the season until......the Rut. But seriously, a great boot.

4. wandering archer

wandering archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have two pairs of plain rubber boots from Tractor supply. I have a pair that fit right with thin pair of socks and then I have a pair that are a size larger that I can where thicker socks (also there is room for warmers). But I do not do a ton of walking in them, usually no more that 400-800 yards to the stand.. This year with all the rain we have had in NJ I might need to use hip waders to hunt.

5. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LaCross Alpha Burly Pro with sidezip. On my second pair in 15 years. Easy on/off and warm in the stand. They don’t slop on my feet when I’m walking. Haven’t found a better pair of rubber boots.

6. Robert Normand

Robert Normand Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Muck for me.

7. RutandStrut

RutandStrut Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Irish setter rut master 2.0 for me also. They have great ankle support and are comfortable to walk in. I have no issues staying warm on stand during the later NC winter

8. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got Alpha Burly's and Aerohead Sports right now. I prefer the Alpha Burly's, they just have more support and weigh about the same.

9. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on my second pair of Cabelas comfort trax in ten years. I believe they are 1200 grams of insulation and pretty comfortable. They are very durable and keep my feet very warm.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

Shocker99 and SsgBowhunter like this.
  10. SsgBowhunter

SsgBowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have had a pair of cabelas comfort tracks that have served me well for 10 years or so.

11. Prouder27

Prouder27 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got a pair of itasca swampwalkers I believe they are called for 50 bucks. 1200 gram insulate in the actual foot portion only. So far so good. (Except for the fact I stepped on an old trail marking tack on state land and puncture the sole cause water logging in the outsole) besides the annoying squishy noise of trapped water they still have kept my feet dry lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ruttin2

ruttin2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Muck boots are by far the best in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

13. Paul King

Paul King Newb

Dislikes Received:
  14. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Muckmasters is a special Muck boot that seems to be exclusive to Rural King. For $89 they cant be beat. If you watch them you can pick them up for $79 on sale sometimes. Other than that, like pastorjim, i had cabelas comfort tracs that lasted me forever and were comfortable as all get out. They were a solid rubber back then i think they are a neoprene rubber blend now.

15. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure there is such a thing as a all season rubber boot especially in Wisconsin. That just isn't realistic IMO. For early season and turkey hunting I would recommend the lightest rubber boot you can find. I prefer the Lacrosse Aeroheads. I buy the size that fits me best with a light pair of hiking socks. For mid t0 late season hunts I would recommend the Alpha Burly Pros. I like the 800 gram boots and I go up one size so I can wear a heavy wool or smart wool sock. This is works best for me in KS. Each person is obviously different.

16. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried out the Bogs 'Rut Hunter' last year and absolutely love them. The only thing I can't speak to is their longevity. They offer an early and late season (only difference is the insulation). With good socks I got the early season down to the 20's with no problems.
    https://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/rubber-hunting-boots

17. tdk5525

tdk5525 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lacrosse alpha burly pro 1600

I have an uninsulated pair for warmer weather. I wear the 1600 when the temp is in the mid to low 50s. I am comfortable until it gets to 28-30 degrees. When it's colder than that and I am on a longer sit, I might throw foot or toe warmers in.

18. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I get cash back for steel toe boots from my job..bought Muck boots Arctic Pro about 4-5 yrs ago. Surprisingly light but not as light as without the steel toe. One boot is no longer water proof and has a squeak. They have always been very comfortable for all day hiking and although they are big (I have size 13 but normally wear 12), surprisingly not too bulky to climb with a climber stand. Never tried any other rubber boot tho.

For my sock setup I use Fox River moisture wicking sock under Carhartt cold weather poly/wool. I have bad circulation and these have been a major improvement on my rookie days but I’m curious what others use.

Fox River : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V5CJ1C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Carhartt: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005WV6MS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

19. Sean Card

Sean Card Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think lacrosse burly or grange if you’re wanting uninsulated. There is absolutely nothing better than a Baffin trapper or Titan pac boot for cold weather though I have been using Baffin for over 10 years and bought my second replacement pair last year because the insulating liners are so expensive.