Video Cam Setup

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Team Haastyle, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure I am beating a dead horse here with this topic, but I am looking at getting a new filming setup for this season. I have been using a Canon DSLR, but manually zooming just isn't cutting it and truly a pain in the butt. Looking for something within the $1,500 range. Any suggestions or tips of what to look for when reviewing cameras?

2. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cannon HFG40

4. mottoman112

mottoman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For $1500 you budget is almost endless. You can buy a really nice camera for $1500. One with pro features and even ones made for people who are not so pro. I would agree with the HFG40. Costs less than $1000 and takes amazing video. Honestly alot of the video that I have seen with the HFG40 reminds me of video that somes DSLRs put out. The Canon XA11 is another one I know alot of people are using and that one comes in closer to your $1500 budget.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A new Sony AX100, or a used Sony PXW-X70 would be an awesome setup. I've filmed with the PXW-X70 for a couple years and it's a fantastic camera. Capable of 4K if the upgrade has been installed, and you can buy them for that range w. 4K already. The X70 would give you the XLR audio options.