Nock Pinch Driving Me Insane

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rampaige, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Rampaige

Rampaige Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a brand new Hoyt Hyperforce that I just picked up the other day. I tie my nock sets like John Dudley in his videos with 1/16” (ish) gap between the serving and nock. I’ve retied them now 3 times because after 5-10 shots the nock sets slide and begin to pinch the nocks. It’s affecting my consistency BADLY and pulling my arrow way off the rest when I draw. How do I tie them so they no longer slide? The last time I even went longer on the bottom but they still won’t hold.

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont follow dudly so i dont know what he is recommending. If its over hand knots front and back they will slide with some serving, especially a bottom nock set.

I only tie a top nock set as i dont feel the need for two and with it only being on the top...there is no up slip possible.
    I also serve the nock set instead of tieing knots.
    I start it with a constrictor knot then make two wraps over the tag end. I then lay a loop and make 6 passes over it, tag and though the loop and the pull it tight with pliers. The cut and burn up both tag ends. Have had the same knock set on as long as the string lasts without issue.

Rampaige likes this.
  3. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    Dudley does use the over/under hand method. I'll give this a try. Thanks.

4. Rampaige

Dislikes Received:
    I tied up the nock sets with the constrictor knots and served them like you suggested. After a few dozen shots they're holding beautifully. I used a top and bottom nock for no reason other than the old excuse "I've always done it this way." No sliding, no nock pinch, and I'm getting much better groups. Thanks for the tip.

trial153 likes this.