Anyone test or use those new bluetooth tracking nocks?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jay b, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Jay b

Jay b Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have you seen these yet? Just curious if they work and how they actually work thanks. Screenshot_20180819-092647_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20180819-092625_Facebook.jpg

2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Idk about that, just seems like another gimmick to get you to spend money. Over the last 29 years I've lost less than $119 in arrows and broadheads.

WillO likes this.
  3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess they would work IF the arrows stays in the deer, on a pass through not so much. I generally rely on my tracking ability to locate my deer.

cantexian likes this.
  4. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe they are for guys who make bad long range shots or if they get buried in the weeds. Still not worth the cost.

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wont do it, ever. But if someone wants to, have at it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No but I wish they had blue tooth trackable 3/8 ratchets and extensions. It would free up a lot of time rather than me setting it down and spending fifteen minutes looking in circles saying “where’s my ratchet”

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Winning post on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

biscuit, Okiebob and slickbilly-d like this.
  8. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen them advertised but not one single person I know will spend the money, me included. I'm already sending about $40 down range every time I release an arrow at an animal, and that's enough!

ash d likes this.
  9. buckhunter217

buckhunter217 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My arrows either get broke off or come out. I'll pass

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I get the idea and I think it's a pretty good thought. Finding your arrow after the shot can be the single most important clue in deciding how and when to track your animal. I have lost pass through arrows and I've had deer run off with the arrow and end up throwing it 75 yards later. Quickly finding that arrow might help make a better tracking decision.
    But, the price is pretty steep and I can't see that I would be willing to shell that much out for it.

11. djandy

djandy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    arrow never stays in for me. pass through or a tree or bush knocks it out. deer will pull them out with their teeth also.

12. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Plain lighted nocks are much cheaper and if you can't find it during the day, come back that night and I'm sure you'll find it. Right now the cost is too high for me to get on that wagon. I do see the importance and technology isn't cheap. Good thing I can be :lol:

Added this after looking at the website....
    One video the guy says they are trackable up to 100 yards away but the website says 50.
    Clint Bowyer endorses them.
    Another video says the reason we go in the woods is to get away from cell towers and basically enjoy nature. But you're trying to sell a top tier technology based hunting product? They also sell "tags" you can attach to your backpack in case you loose it or your tree stand so you can find it in the dark. I'm by no means Grizzly Adams but the majority of hunters shouldn't need this stuff to be successful in the woods. And if you do, well..........

(And the last comment was in no way insinuating the original poster of the thread needs these. I know he's just seeing what people think about the product)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  13. Kyle Sinclair-Smith

Kyle Sinclair-Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I may get flamed for this but at what point have we gone too far? At what point are we relying on technology and our basic skills as hunters are fading. I guess the same can be said for lazer range finders and cellular trail cameras (I dont use those). I wont be using these because they rub me the wrong way. I wont judge anyone that does use them and I would be interested to see how well they work just due to a technology interest.

But where do we draw the line?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

cantexian and Hillbilly Jedi like this.
  14. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    To each his own.....

15. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There’s 2 lines. The one you draw for yourself and the law. :tu:

Okiebob likes this.
  16. Kyle Sinclair-Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely, it will be interesting to see how States/Provinces handle the advancement of technology in hunting. I can only see the technology advancement ramping up as time goes on.

17. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    can get bluetooth earbuds for like $15, not sure if this is so much more expensive because of size or what

Shocker99 likes this.
  18. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, it's not like we are out there throwing spears at our prey. Technological advances are why we don't still live in caves. The drive to make our lives easier and more comfortable will never cease. It's the hunting industries job to innovate, that's what they do.

19. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you but companies aren't going to decide to not make a product they think they can sell just because they think it might make a hunter lazy. If they can make a buck, they're gonna make and sell it. I look at it as a cost vs. reward. Is the cost of something going to greatly increase my odds at success?

Take the range finder example. I lost my range finder this weekend because I was dumb and set it on the hood of my truck and drove off. Yesterday I ordered a new one and yes it's better than the last one. But for me, the range finder is important. I'm not horrible at judging distance but not great either. Guessing the animal is at 30 yards and it actually being at 26 could mean the difference between harvest, miss or wounding and not finding the animal. In this area of hunting, I want to make the most accurate assessment possible and the range finder is worth it to me.

Now take the nock for example. If I shoot my arrow with my Nockturnal nock and get a pass through, it's right there very close for me to see glowing in the grass. Same with the blue tooth nock so it's a wash. If it stays in the animal and they run off, there went the arrow and the nock. Again a wash. Both are lighted so if it's dark, they should be reasonably easy to see, another wash. The only advantage is if I'm within 50 to 100 yards, my phone might pick up the signal and lead me to my arrow, but this doesn't mean it will lead me to the animal. Yes the right direction but no guarantee. When I find the arrow and no animal, still up the same creek.

Personally I think technology like the range finder greatly increases my odds so I choose to spend money on it. The blue tooth nocks don't increase my odds significantly enough for me to purchase the tech at $40 each ($120 a pack). Although considering lost my first range finder, I may need to invest in their tags you can attach to equipment. Haha!

20. Kyle Sinclair-Smith

Dislikes Received:
    So with everyone saying that this is technology and the way the world is going; then why can't we use exploding arrow tips? Or tips that have a poison on them or is injected when it hits them? Maybe an arrow that delivers 100,000 volts of electricity when it hits the animal?

Those would all be technological advancements over where we are now, so are they all ok?