Scent Crusher

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alenhard15, Aug 17, 2018.

1. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys the nose jammer article got me thinking. what is everyone's opinion on the scent crusher game bags and car ports. Do these things really work? Are they a waste of money? I would pick one up if i knew they were worth anything. Any input would be great!

2. Dropshot2009

Dropshot2009 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Let me first start by saying I believe in ozone but I think the $300+ bags are a massive waste. I ordered a $20 or $30 Rubbermaid closet off Amazon and a $50 ozone generator. I hang my clothes in there and turn on the generator. When its time to hunt I put everything in a plastic rubbermaid container and toss the ozone generator in there. Total cost of less than 1/3 of what the name brand bags charge with the same results

Sent from my SM-N950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Westfinger and alenhard15 like this.
  3. Buckhunter30

Buckhunter30 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My wife just bought me the bag for my birthday. I've used the scent crusher ozone for my truck that seems to work really well.

'My glory is ever new with me, And my bow is renewed in my hand.'

alenhard15 likes this.
  4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the line from ScentLok. They are better priced. I have the one for the car and the bag w. Ozone generator. I'll give you my experience. My car had some mice find their way in and would get into it every freaking night and do their thing. I live in the country and you just can't avoid those darn things. This summer I got one of the OZ20 that plug into your car's 12V power socket. I ran it on a single cycle and it eliminated the smell. I have ran it a couple times since and have no mouse smell at all.

I've been running an Ozone generator for years in my shower at home, it was a built-in feature in my steam shower. It works there as well.

alenhard15 likes this.
  5. buckhunter217

buckhunter217 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I believe it works. The ruining elastic part that keeps me from using it. I've got way 2 much $ in cloths to chance it

alenhard15 likes this.
  6. buckhunter217

buckhunter217 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I believe it works. The ruining elastic part that keeps me from using it. I've got way 2 much $ in cloths to chance it

7. Maggieze

Maggieze Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

alenhard15 likes this.
  8. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep you have to keep things with elastic and rubber out of there and then you are good. Had a friend ruin a $500 pair of fancy rubber boots in his homemade ozone cabinet. Said the uppers came apart in his hand like dry cookie dough when he picked them up. You just have to understand that ozone breaks down elastic and some rubber and then you are fine. Nice items with elastic just can’t go in there but it winds up being fine for most Camo.

alenhard15 likes this.
  9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would never spend that much on a name brand model when you can build a homemade rig up for way cheaper. I was given a scentcrusher for a gift from a buddy though and let me tell you, it does work. Almost too good. I never use over 10 min with that thing. Very powerful unit and like others said it will break down elastic and rubber items. I’ve ruined some baselayers because it ate up the wastelands. It almost dryrots the elastic in the baselayers themselves too.

alenhard15 likes this.
  10. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Believe it. Scent =Loc works too.

alenhard15 likes this.
  11. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am very skeptical of many of these types of things, but I do believe the ozone works. But still play the wind and avoid foreign odors.

12. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have both the bag and car plug in. It works, I can notice the smell is out of my clothes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought an off brand car plug to try before considering diving into ozone. Safe your money and order one off amazon. You can pick up a car plug for less than half what the hunting branded ones cost. I think mine was about $18 with shipping.

14. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i have one of the car ones, ill load my stuff into my truck, have my bags unzipped and run that thing for 30 minutes or so

i think ozone works, have used one of the bags but dont own one

15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well most camo jackets/pants come with elastic in the waist/wrists/ankles now. You're saying I couldn't put my Scent Lok jacket & pants in there if they have elastic? What doesn't have elastic/rubber now days?

TheHardWoods913 likes this.