Nock off rage broadheads?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Dwb, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dwb

Dwb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So has anybody shot the Chinese rage hypodermic? Is so how did they do?

2. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have not shot them but there's been literally countless reviews of them on YouTube and other places on the web. Everything I've read and seen they work just as good for a fraction of the price. If you want to talk morality of buying Chinese stolen broadheads then that's a different story.

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used them. My brother bought some and they suck. They are hard to keep tight due to $hitty collars and whistle during flight. For the fea broadheads i use each year im happy to buy a real pack

Dwb likes this.
  4. Maggieze

Maggieze Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Okiebob and Dwb like this.
  6. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Someone brought these up last year and it got ugly pretty quick just to let you know!

Adam
    Matthews Z7 Magnum 29/70
    Gold Tip Hunter XT
    100g Slick Trick Standard

Kfili likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't be such a cheap jerk.

mylsuhat likes this.
  8. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Besides the fact that the parts are cheaper and weaker leading to a potentially unethical shot on an animal, you are undercutting and practically robbing the people that put their heart, soul, and money into making these products legitimately.

9. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd probably just cough up the $39 dollars or whatever it is now for the real thing. It's the old adage of "getting what you paid for".

10. Dwb

Dwb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not being cheap or a jerk. I asked a question. People buy nock off brands of everything thing now days. Why to you go to wall mart and buy great value food instead of the real thing. Simple. Because it cheaper and just as good.

Why are broadheads in a different category ?

Almost all of what we buy from the store anymore is from over there. Do you only buy American made products? I'm going to say no. You can think what you want about me but everyone is looking for ways to save a little money here and there. This is no different.

11. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    oh no not this thread again....

12. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  13. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great one

+1

IMG

Wiscohunter likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not the same thing buying walmart food and buying knock offs, plus there is a difference walmart food sucks.

WillO likes this.
  15. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Buying food from a big box grocery store because it is cheaper, is in no way the same as buying "knock off" plagiarized products.

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    This is a common misconception we see thrown around a lot these days. The best explanation is that there is a difference between a generic version of a product and and illegal counterfeit. To your point Great Value food from Wal-Mart is simply a generic brand. The manufacture and sale of generic products isn't infringing on any sort of patented or legally protected intellectual property. Similar, yes. Counterfeit, no.

Counterfeit products or "knock-offs" are illegally manufactured and sold goods that infringe upon protected property. Most of the time it's patent infringement but you'll see copyright infringement as well. The manufacture and sale of counterfeit products has been a problem for decades - mostly happening in the fashion world with things like purses and jewelry. Now with the ease of off-shore manufacturing and online sales it's been taken to a whole new level.

In the case of counterfeit archery products they are made overseas by non-US companies who are stealing technology that was researched, invented, patented, marketed and brought to market by US-based businesses. The businesses who create the product pay taxes and employ US citizens who are our friends, family and neighbors. The people who rip them off pay nothing into the US economy and are stealing other people's legally protected hard work.

This is why you can't go to Wal-Mart and buy a pair of "Nikey" shoes with a generic swoosh mark on the side and technology that was stolen from Nike. Sure, you can buy shoes that look similar from other brands, but they aren't counterfeits posing as Nike shoes.

This is the other misconception we see a lot. The key here being that there is a difference between a product that was designed, engineered, marketed and distributed here but made overseas and a product that is a counterfeit.

You're absolutely right that many of the consumable products we buy these days are made overseas. And when it's feasible to buy US-made it's always a good idea as it helps support our local economies. However that isn't always an option as told by the fact that we're all using phones, tablets and computers to access this website that were not made in the US. Buying products from US-based companies that employ people here at home to design, engineer, market, sell, and distribute a product that's made overseas is still a far superior option than buying a counterfeit.

Also keep in mind that all archery manufacturers in the US pay an FET tax per the Pittmann-Robertson act. That tax money goes directly to help support conservation efforts across the nation. When you buy counterfeit product your money is going into the pocket of some Chinese criminal. When you buy the real thing at least a portion of your money is going to conservation. The rest is going to the countless number of people who rely on our business to support their families and put food on their table. Everyone from the engineer who designed the product to the warehouse worker who packs it up and ships it to your door.

Nobody is looking down on you. It seems like you're just not aware of what sort of product you're purchasing and how that impacts people here in our own backyard. Unfortunately a lot of people who buy counterfeit products aren't. There's a lot of misconceptions out there and I think it's important for all of us to be on the same page.

If you're looking to save a couple dollars there are plenty of ways to do it without buying counterfeit. Sure, Rage Hypodermics are expensive broadheads. We get it. But there a lot of good options out there for less money that do just as good of a job at killing an animal. Right now you can pick up a 3 pack of 100 grain NAP Shockwave broadheads for $20. Guaranteed they kill a deer just as dead as a Hypodermic when you put one through a their lungs. A 3 pack of Wasp Drone broadheads is $30 and includes 2 sets of replacement blades with it. And the list goes on....

Now there are those people who know all of those things and still choose to support the Chinese criminals who are stealing our property and jeopardizing people's jobs. Those people do get looked down upon because their decision is irrefutably wrong.

Kfili, mylsuhat and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lot of $5 thoughts there Justin and all valid points like I said don't be a cheap jerk. I was tempted to dislike the comment just because you have zero dislikes, how is that possible?:clap: We need a quiver sniffer emoji.:biggrin:

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    People choose to dislike me in private so they don't get banned. :lol:

buttonbuckmaster and Sota like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is a difference in a comment being disliked vs disliking the person, at least that is what I tell myself.

20. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I heard those nock off rage are good out to 100yds. Is this true?

Wiscohunter and WillO like this.