Compound bow limb dampeners/bow speed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Jul 17, 2018.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys this is kind of a two part question and I wanted to see if I could get some opinions of fellow bow hunters. The first question relates to bow speed. I know by putting weight on the strings and cables (peep sight, string silencers, D Loop, etc ) you can loose speed but does having limb dampeners cause you to lose speed as well? and the second part to that is when placing limb style dampeners on your bow do you want them closer to the limb pocket, cams, or somewhere in between to get the best results as far as noise and vibration reduction goes? Currently I am shooting limb saver super quad limb dampeners but I also have a set of Axion hybrid dampeners I purchased just to try out. It seems to me the limb savers may be a tad quieter even though I am positioning them on the same places on the limbs so I am just trying to get some advise. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Billy02

Billy02 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have not used it so not very sure, but i guess for the first part the answer is gonna be Yes. second part no experience.

JHasty likes this.
  3. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The speed loss with 2 monkey tail style dampeners is 1 fps roughly and doesnt move much from there when you add 4 total dampeners i hope this helps but in the end if you can put your arrow where it belongs and the bow is quiet (utilizing a heavy arrow and dampeners) then you are set up for a successfull hunt. have a great season.

4. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1. yes you can lose with limd damper
    2. close to the cam without the cam hitting them. ( stop it before it starts)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    JHasty likes this.
  5. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have cat whiskers on my Halon 32 and I believe it takes some speed away. At 28.5” draw, 480g arrow, 68lbs, I’m shooting 277fps.

JHasty likes this.