XOP quick connect bracket not so quick

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by abuddy730, Apr 16, 2017.

1. abuddy730

abuddy730 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wanted to share my experience with the XOP quick connect bracket. I use it with my XOP Vanish which I think is great but the quick connect...not good. First, the thing is a little bulky and has some weight to it which I could over look if it worked well. Also, It's kind of awkward to get the stand lined up just right to slide into the bracket. You have to wiggle it around a bit to get it to slide in but it's doable. Finally, the biggest problem is detaching it from the tree stand when you want to take it down. The pressure from standing in the stand forces the platform so tightly into the bracket that I can't slide it out when it's time to take the stand down. Instead, I had to take off the strap with the quick connect still attached to the stand and knock it out with a hammer after I got it home. Pretty disappointed with it. If any of you guys have a better experience with it let me know. Maybe I'm missing something. As is, with the weight, awkward attachment, and inability to detach without a hammer, I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

camo_ninja likes this.
  2. camo_ninja

camo_ninja Newb

Dislikes Received:

Thank you for the review! I happened upon your post searching for the XOP quick connects to purchase for my own stand. I guess thats one less thing I have to worry about carrying in the woods! lol!

3. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great review!! Exactly my experience as well. Sold all my brackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is great feedback. A friend of mine is interested in them, I'll pass the info onto him. :tu:

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We use them with our old model silvers. Do not recall the same problem you are describing with getting stuck. Maybe just got a tight fit. I would let xop know. That’s not normal to have to beat them apart with hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    @WelchAO just wanted to pass this along to you

7. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have not had this experience...mine work great with the XOP Air raid stand.

8. tracker1

tracker1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a 3 pack for my XOP Maximus and Air Raid and they work great. They are a little bulky but I pull the stand up and drop it in the slot, it can’t be any easier. I go to leave, pull-up on the stand and lower it to the ground. Two stands 3 brackets and no issues.