Slay and arrest

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Shocker99, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys any help for a rookie food plotter appreciated. I planted 2 spring plots of white ladino synergy/medium red/chicory mix. They have been mowed once and are coming in ok but have a lot of grasses and broadleaf. Can I apply a grass and broadleaf herbicide at the same time? Like mix them 50/50? Or what is my best route? Thanks in advance

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got this from from the Whitetail institute page here
    http://whitetailinstitute.com/content/Web Summary of Herbicide Mixes.pdf

"Tank mixing Arrest MAX and Slay: When appropriate for the forage being maintained and the weeds to be controlled (see herbicide labels for specific information), Arrest MAX, Slay and Surefire may be tank mixed together. In such cases, the addition of Surefire to the spray tank at the rate of 8 to 12 oz. (1 to 1.5 cups) per acre will do double duty for both Arrest MAX and Slay."

Got to put the crop oil (surefire) in there else it might not stick to the grasses.

Shocker99 likes this.
  3. Rjbyrd83

Rjbyrd83 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For what it’s worth the t also says to not mix slay with other herbicides on there website mixing instructions. I sprayed my clover. Alfalfa, and chicory plot about a week ago with both slay and arrest in one tank(with crop oil). Hope to get out today to look at it. I will say that the slay is supposed to kill the chicory. If I make it out there I will report back my findings.

Shocker99 likes this.
  4. Rjbyrd83

Rjbyrd83 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got out and looked at my clover, alfalfa, and chicory plot. Looks great even mixing the two chemicals together. Chicory even seems to have held up well.

Shocker99 likes this.
  5. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear. I have limited time and not sure when I’ll be able to go down. I’m sure that are engulfed in weeds by now. It will be my only opportunity until late August. Fingers crossed. Glad yours is looking good!

6. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Just read this. Looks like it will work. Thanks!

copperhead likes this.