*Team 17 - Buck Norris*

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by Shane0709, Aug 14, 2017.

1. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been to warm around here to drop a doe. Patience grasshopper.

vermontwhitetail likes this.
  2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah sorry I haven't contributed yet....YET. I'm hoping to change that to some degree this week. We had a couple inches of rain last night, I was tied up all day with company and business but I'm going to try to get out in the morning for my first sit this year. Maybe tomorrow evening as well.

May be my last chance for a while as I'm heading into full tilt bean harvest and cover crop planting. Easier to squeeze in hunts though as weather gets cooler where I can leave a deer hang overnight and a day if need be. Hard to deal with a deer after spending 15hrs on a combine and semi. This is why I almost didn't bother entering the contest this year. I feel it's wrong to join a team and take up a spot that another hunter may have more time to dedicate to contributing points.

3. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're good man! It's all for the fun! Get out there when you can!

4. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

"Selfie Sunday"

Lots of does and a button buck today. Still have 30 min left. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I ALMOST HAD MY FORST BUCK TONIGHT AND GOT BUSTED!!!! he didn’t blow just turned and hopped away but his is him!!! He’s my target now!!! I’ve got him on two different cameras in the same area HES MINE!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mike4christ
    2016 Bear Escape
    Easton FMJ 6mm
    NAP Doublecross

6. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, this was just some friendly chiding. All in good fun. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. There are some guys who just won't shoot a Doe, ever. I respect everyone's thoughts and choices. See ya out there, I'm looking for antlers!

7. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Back on stand. Hopefully we can get a big boy to show up

8. Bubby D

Bubby D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't ruffle these feathers. I went to draw on a doe Saturday night as it walked under my stand I noticed two small spikes so I had to let em walk. I will be out in the am but in a buck only stand.

9. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A couple more running around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vermontwhitetail and CoveyMaster like this.
  10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My feathers were ruffled, in fact I'm down right pissed...you wanker. Apology not accepted, I'm looking up your address as I type this and I already made a voodoo doll and stuck some pins in it...here's one in your eye. I WILL FIND YOU!!!!

ROFL....
    Lol, I didn't take offense to that man, we're good...I was just sayin how I felt about it. I feel bad I hadn't even made it to a stand yet this year.

I did make it out this morning and this evening...didn't shoot squat but at least I went. I was covered up in deer both times out though. I had ten does/yearlings walk just out of range this morning and three 2-4 year old bucks this evening. The four year old was the nice nine point I've posted pics of and I passed on him. He's not old enough and there are bigger bucks around to burn my KS tag on. The does this morning should have walked right past my ladder except a squirrel decided to piss and moan like a banshee and they turned and went north away from me.

11. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Huge 10 that was 60 yds from the stand tonight, just rubbing trees and making scrapes along his path. Decent 8 closer but not close enough. Smaller bucks around too. Friday afternoon I'll be out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

12. Bubby D

Bubby D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Set up on the buck I saw in the beginning of October. Cold front and nw wind was perfect until the wind did a 180. Long story short he came in and turned around twice because he caught my wind. I was on him but the wind ended it pretty quick. I'll let him go for awhile and hopefully he won't change routine.

13. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Couldn't help it boys. Smoked another on film. 32 yard double lunger. I love bow hunting!!!

Buck time now after this hot weather moves back out next week. Got permission in 218 acres that sits on the other side of the bedding area where I hunt locally. Only about 40 acres of cover but it looks good. Plus I haven't even hunted my own property yet. Got a nice 3 yr old on cam last week. Once the crops come down my cover/swamp area property will fill up.

[​IMG]

14. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome congrats man!!

15. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe! Good luck on the buck!!!

primetime_Deion likes this.
  16. vermontwhitetail

Dislikes Received:
    As long as my truck doesn't break down again, I should be leaving for NJ tomorrow and in my favorite ground spot by 1500 tomorrow afternoon! Intel says bucks are pre rutting in central NJ, rubbing trees, fighting and tearing up the ground. Should be good.

jvanhees likes this.
  17. Bubby D

Bubby D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Screenshot_20171018-223818.png Screenshot_20171012-172634.png So I was going through my trail cam pics from last year and found this 3 year old that I believe is now my number 1 on this lease. Think they are the same. Date is wrong on last year's trail cam.

18. primetime_Deion

Dislikes Received:
    Nice pics! Following deer on your cams over the years would be sweet. Does anyone know of a trail camera on the cheaper side that's still good quality? I finally am going to put some money into one and try and find where these deer are moving.

19. Englishman

Englishman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For me on cheap side is my stealth cams, I have 4 that are 2 year old and are fantastic on batteries and pics. For a bit more money I have 4 bushnell HD that I love as well 1 of them is 5 year old and works like the day I brought it. The other 3 I got this year.

primetime_Deion likes this.
  20. Englishman

Englishman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I have a busy weekend planed. I am going to be putting 2 more cameras up and moving 4 and putting up 2 more tree stands to try and locate the bucks. I have not seen on stand or camera any bucks since the 1st week of September. I am sure they have moved onto the neighbors property since the cows have been put on the land. I know of a few areas the cows don’t go so that will be my starting point. Now in the stands I have I’ve seen plenty of does so them stands will stay for the rut but I hate when I have to rely on the rut to get my bucks.
    5D808CB1-3D65-4D73-B9A1-1B45A913D49C.jpeg 488224D7-9F20-45A8-A8FA-F32E8046A075.jpeg
    So the blue is where my stands are now and the red is the area I plan to put my new stands and take down the 1 with the X coz the cows are here several times a day according to my trail camera and due to this I have only hunted from it once all season. I also will be putting 2 of the cameras close to these stands. To give an idea of size the yellow X to the red mark to the right is about 80yds, top right to bottom right is about 1100yds.